S-10 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently put power doors from a 97 jimmy on my 97 base s10. The wiring is alot easier then everyone is making it. From the driver door put key switched power to the heavier yellow wire. Put constant power to the orange wire. Match color for color- door to door dark blue. Light blue. And tan. Then take all black wires to ground. On the small brown wire I just sent to switched power. It is just for the switch lights ( I did not want to try and find a lead to lights so my switches light up when key is on). At this point both front windows should work plus the driver side power mirror. This is as far as I have made it. I only have a few minutes at a time to work on it. I'll post more info as I get more parts working. All the relay stuff you read on hear is only if you are not using factory switches. These relays are built into the factory switches.

·
SSRT-S10
1,135 Posts
here is what I did to convert a 4 dr 97/98 blazer to a 95 s10 power windows,power mirrors, and power locks.

the power windows only pick...
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/wma8eYq7LQdXgSlzV2vvwNMTjNZETYmyPJy0liipFm0?feat=directlink

the mirrors, locks, and window wirings all-in-one pic.
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/4B1jWuv0SI75ZDPv_gCd-9MTjNZETYmyPJy0liipFm0?feat=directlink

all wires are in their prospective colors..

I would also suggest since yours is a 97.., it may or may not have a fuse panel on the driver side dash. If yes..., then wire the positives for window switches to a circuit breaker then out to a 30a fuse. This way if motor jam up..., the circuit breaker will kick in and not blow a fuse....

Hopes this helps..,
Allen

·
8/31/1897 - 4/29/2004
9,091 Posts
I converted my old 97 to all power options off of a 2door blazer.if you pull your dash and access your body harness there is a main plug located up to the right of the column location on the firewall that connects to the accessory harness.it's ziptied to the body harness the length of the truck from door to door.contains all your speaker wires.at that plug there are all your wires to make the accessory harness from a blazer work.all the dash wires are complete.all you have to do is add the 2 circuit breakers in the fusebox.the power lock relay is in the blazers main body harness hanging out close to that connection.you remove it and splice it into the same color wires in the blazers accessory harness&the accessory harness plug from your body harness.it's really not complex.if you use a donor harness it's all self contained.there are only 4or5 wires besides the relay to wire up,as easy as changing your radio.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I converted my old 97 to all power options off of a 2door blazer.if you pull your dash and access your body harness there is a main plug located up to the right of the column location on the firewall that connects to the accessory harness.it's ziptied to the body harness the length of the truck from door to door.contains all your speaker wires.at that plug there are all your wires to make the accessory harness from a blazer work.all the dash wires are complete.all you have to do is add the 2 circuit breakers in the fusebox.the power lock relay is in the blazers main body harness hanging out close to that connection.you remove it and splice it into the same color wires in the blazers accessory harness&the accessory harness plug from your body harness.it's really not complex.if you use a donor harness it's all self contained.there are only 4or5 wires besides the relay to wire up,as easy as changing your radio.

What year was the donor Blazer ?

·
8/31/1897 - 4/29/2004
9,091 Posts
It was also a 97.you can use a 96 or 97 blazer accessory harness.2 or 4 door.I've done newer trucks too but,they are alittle more involved,lol.

Here is my old 97 when I got it.

Here's it tore down

Here it was finished

·
Registered
9 Posts
If I have the door harnesses, switches, lock actuators, window regulators from 95 4dr blazer and want to put in my 97 sonoma with manual stuff what else do I need to do? Are the across dash wiring there in my harness? Do I need the dash harness from the blazer also? Can I wire it up without the dash harness? (I would like to use my harness is the wires are there) will it matter that the blazer is a 4dr?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Also where / how do the door harnesses unhook? Is it all one piece in my sonoma with the manual stuff? (The accessory harness) it looks like the wire comes in from the door and goes straight into a bundle under the dash/glovebox? Does the one from the blazer do the same or have a connector? Do I need the accessory harness from the blazer too then?

·
Registered
9 Posts
The power lock relay is in the blazers main body harness hanging out close to that connection.you remove it and splice it into the same color wires in the blazers accessory harness&the accessory harness plug from your body harness.it's really not complex.if you use a donor harness it's all self contained.there are only 4or5 wires besides the relay to wire up,as easy as changing your radio.
I am having trouble locating the lock relay. Here what I have so far (as removed from 95 blazer lt 4door 4x4):

Door wire harnesses
Accessory (Door to Door) Harness
Latches / Locks
Window regulators & Motors
Power mirror assembly
Door switches
Door panels

Only thing I can find on the lock relay for this suggests its part of the accessory harness and plugs into the TRW keyless entry module with 2 connectors under the driver side knee bolster / sound insulating panel. Can anyone confirm this? If this is the case it could make installation even easier! Also does anyone have the pinout for the 2 main connectors of the accessory harness where they plug into the body harness? Are they different from the power harness I got from the 95 blazer lt 4dr and the main harness in my 97 sonoma sls 2wd strd cab? It will be awesome if its truly plug & play!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I also have the dash wire harness with the fuse block from the 95 blazer but was planning on keeping/ using the one from my 97 for my dash. Do I need anything off this harness? Also looking to figure out where/ how to tie in the wires and connectors for the power seats...

·
8/31/1897 - 4/29/2004
9,091 Posts
^
kinda answering your PM,lol. I actually left this forum some time ago,but got an email wishing me a happy B-day,figured I'd stop on in,and see who's hacking what in the mini trucker scene:D

Lemme know if your still messing with this thing,and I'll try to help. I see my pics are gone,lol

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello , im trying to wire power windows and locks to a s10 that did not orig have them I have doors from a s10 that are , can u shed some light on this , if so I would greatly aprreciate any help Thanks Eric

·
Registered
346 Posts
I did the power lock, windows & heated mirror conversion a few years back..... Only relay I had to add was for the locks only because I wanted to put in a keyless remote. I ran all the wiring myself, got a pair or doors off a blazer and just used the parts from them. I have a diagram that labels all the pins for both the drivers and passengers side switches if anyone would like, just PM me your email address and I will send it.

·
Going to space
4,120 Posts
How did you do the keyless?

I got the relay for the locks working and I want to add keyless.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts