S-10 Forum banner

881 - 900 of 939 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
im wondering wat my stock suspension no dif 2003 extended cad 4.3 will run. its got cold air, chip, low temp thermostate, throttle body spacer, underdrive pulleys, iridium plugs and 8.5mm wires, and headers with 2.5 all the way back on a turbo muffler

i need i dif i think before i hit the strip

·
13 Sec Taco
31 Posts
how heavy would i have to modify the motor to have it take like a vortech supercharger?
I'd say the stock block should be able to handle 5-6psi with a good tune. from what i've read the 4.3L are pretty stout.

Just need to get yourself a good EMS, either a piggyback or stand alone. Get yourself a good solid tune, and you'll be on your way.

·
I just ate a honda.
1,451 Posts
1/8th mile times...

S10 - TBI 350, cam, boltons
best time is a 9.5

PT Cruiser - Turbocharged, mostly stock, boost cranked, no tune
best time is a 9.2

vids uploading... taking forever

·
I just ate a honda.
1,451 Posts

yes... i beat the g35

that was not an evo but a think a ralley art. awt turbo but automatic. got me off teh line but i was realin it in, just didnt have enough time

the pt beating a mach one... i laugh every time i watch this.

·
S10 TIRE/WHEEL MASTER
3,455 Posts
ha my 60 foots on my trailblazer ss are 1.6-1.62 now i dont feel so bad. but i only run high 11s :(

·
Bold as Love
1,869 Posts
Neat. What kind've wheel and tire combination are your running? I'm guessing you have a 3.42 Posi rear end because its a SS.

I'm hoping to get my extended cab into the low 15's or high 14's in the next year or so naturally aspirated. I think its entirely possible.

So far my plans include a mild Crane Cam or a reground stock unit, disabling the balance shaft, gasket matching the heads, cheap Taylor Wires, junkyard electric fan, electric exhaust cut out, 4l60e with a B&M shift kit, Corvette 1-2 Servo, 3.42 G-80 rear end, Blazer rear sway bar, and leaf spring helpers. Some 235/60/R15 tires on the back. W4M tune with no torque management and improved shift points.

Thus far: Cut Airbox, 2" y-pipe transistioned smoothly into a 2 3/4" exhaust pipe with a cat delete.

I plan on hauling and towing with this truck, and if I can get a fairly decent 1/4 mile time out of it I'll be satisfied enough to not do a V8 swap to my 1st gen Blazer. I figure, $1000 and alot of work I can have a ratty, impractical traction challenged V8 Blazer that would be lucky to get into the low 14's. Or I can spend the same amount of money improving my truck as a whole and run within a second or two of the same time, and still have something I can drive daily and work out of.

·
Premium Member
2,617 Posts
I'm running 225/55R16 Toyo Proxes 4 tires on the stock 16x8 rims. And yep, 3.42 posi.

Your goals seem very reasonable. After getting so far into the 15s I almost want to try for 14s with no internal work. There is a lot left I could do, such as e-fan, headers, cat delete, underdrive pullies, 4.11 gears, etc. Although its my DD so I don't want to hurt my driveability too much.

·
Bold as Love
1,869 Posts
Thats also my concern too. I don't want to adversely effect driveability or fuel mileage. So I can't get too wild with cams or gears. Its also important to keep my interior/sound deadening and A/C as well. I've been there and done that with my first gen that was like a tin can.

·
Bold as Love
1,869 Posts
Couple more questions. How mild or wild is your shift kit, and do you have a Corvette 1-2 servo?

·
Premium Member
2,617 Posts
I don't know much about the shift kit since it was already on my truck when I got it, but it is mild though. And I don't believe it has a corvette servo.

881 - 900 of 939 Posts