S-10 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Thank you for the warm welcoming since I鈥檓 new here馃檹馃徎

This is my 1987 Chevy S10 Blazer, here鈥檚 a little brief description of only a few things done to her that a lot of folks ask about. The list is too long detail wise.

ENGINE
鈥uilt 383 Stroker

TRANSMISSION
鈥uilt Stage 3 700R4 with a 3200 Stall
REAR END
鈥ord 8.8 Rear end with 373 gears, limited slip for the moment will get a Detroit locker eventually

EXHAUST
鈥edmen long tube headers with 24 inch extensions going into Black Widow race series mufflers then dumping down

WHEELS/TIRES
鈥egs Sport Stars Wheels,
(Fronts) 15x7- 0 offset- 4.00 inch backspace

(Backs) 15x8- 0 offset- 4.50 inch backspace

(Backs) Mickey Thompson ET Street R 275-60-R15

(Fronts) Mickey Thompson Sportsman S/T 215-70-R15

*Yes I slapped weld badges on the wheels

1. 337869

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you!! :)

here is a little exhaust clip of it so you guys can hear it, I had just open headers for the longest time just put the exhaust on last spring

Here is a old video of it with just open headers which I love way more then the current exhaust set up personally

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
Great pics! Love to see the fan pics. Could you include the links for the products you discussed?
Great pics! Love to see the fan pics. Could you include the links for the products you discussed?
Thank you!! 馃槈 Me as well, seeing other folks projects inspires me even more

Absolutely, which products would you like links to?

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
Bet the neighbors love you... 馃ぃ
Ohhh you already know 馃ぃ馃ぃ馃槀 I get mixed crowds, I have people stop me everywhere then I have tons of people put their windows up when I鈥檓 at a light next to them馃ぃ馃ぃ

Registered
Discussion Starter #11
We will take it one area at a time I鈥檒l send you what I know馃憤 The links I send over are exactly what I鈥檓 using, they are good especially if you are on a budget build, there鈥檚 nicer things out there but these work perfectly fine at a Low cost

On the fans you will have a little bit of shaving on the sides you will need to do which is very simple and also a little bit on the back side aiming towards the pulleys (I had too at least), also the 4 ears that stick out on the sides all have to be cut off because these fans will slide down in these little grooves or slots on the radiator for a Perfect snug fit 馃憣

Cooling

鈥斺斺斺斺斺斺斺斺斺斺斺斺斺斺斺斺
鈥斺斺斺斺斺斺斺斺斺斺斺斺斺斺斺斺
Also I don鈥檛 know if you are putting a trans cooler on your ride, there are many options to choose from but this one works perfect keeping my trans no warmer then 180 on a 90-100 degree day, best investment I made for my transmission

Registered
Discussion Starter #12
As many links as possible as I'm working on an 87 right now. My first concern is cooling.
My engine stays between 160-180 on a 100 degree day, my trans stays at 180 or less on a 100 degree day, if you look at my pics I posted with the one with my steering wheel, gauges, switch panel, that switch panel you see let鈥檚 me control my fans, I normally always keep mine on, the bottom two switches you see on my panel are low power and high power, you want high power both switches have to be turned on together, my girl stays nice and cool engine and trans wise trust me馃槑

Registered
Discussion Starter #14
Right to the inside of the front core support between that and the radiator, plenty of room there behind the grill, really good air flow and pull power with these fans with this exact setup馃槑馃憤

time to get cereal
I guess since no one else is posting their rides I'll bite... no V8 but a stripped down 2.2L, rack and pinion steering, tubular A-arms with delrin bushings, Celica seats, handbrake, lower half of the dash removed, toggle switches for lights, foot switch for high beams....

Registered
Discussion Starter #16
I guess since no one else is posting their rides I'll bite... no V8 but a stripped down 2.2L, rack and pinion steering, tubular A-arms with delrin bushings, Celica seats, handbrake, lower half of the dash removed, toggle switches for lights, foot switch for high beams....

Very nice ride!馃憤 Thank you for sharing, keep up the good work with her, they all don鈥檛 have to be v8s, she has you鈥檙e own personal touch to it, my respect goes to you for sticking with the 2.2馃槑馃憤 Definitely clean!! Good snapshots with those photos, I love that shot underneath the hood and those switches you got set up馃榿

1 - 18 of 18 Posts