S-10 Forum banner

101 - 120 of 265 Posts

·
Budget Ballin FTS!
3,652 Posts
We have a microwave that we put a 100w light in and made it where it stays on. It works awesome and its how we been doing it for years.

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
orb of traction for my truck. specs in sig.

front spring mount, buddy came and checked out the new welder(lincoln 170hd) and he welds with the curly Qs and i did c's before. first time doing that method. i dont have any current but alot better now.

c stitch

his weld(guess where he started)

mine

·
PANFACE
3,388 Posts
Tim, how long did it take you to weld up those spiders like that?

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
About 4 total with cool down then ground down. Google orb of traction it will show you an guy doing it step by step.. I know it should have taken longer so it had proper cool down time but was tired of it being apart on my bench

·
Bagged
2,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #107
I just bought a tig I am gettig into that a bit now. Have to post some pics up soon of more mig welds. Some of your guys tig stuff makes me jealous. It's a whole new art. Migs boring compared to tig.

·
Hot Rod Enthusiast
2,350 Posts
Just learning how to weld properly. I started today with some pretty thick steel. What can I do to make them better? Should I trace the pool larger so the weld doesn't look so close together?

·
22 psi...stock
3,793 Posts
Just learning how to weld properly. I started today with some pretty thick steel. What can I do to make them better? Should I trace the pool larger so the weld doesn't look so close together?
read the how-to's i posted

·
Mafia Customz
748 Posts
Im no pro welder but it dont look like you are hot enuff or dont have a high enuff wire speed maybe both.

The last welder i had HF 151 dual mig blow up welding exhaust 1 year old so i dumped that shit and ordered a hobart handler 187 and a tweco fire and skull auto darkening helmet i cant wait.

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
recent welds i did.

·
I <3 Primer
892 Posts
Haven't stopped by this site in a long time but I'll try to remember to snap a few tonight of some welds on some stainless restaurant equipment.

Here's a mig weld on 3/16" plate. It was a lap joint and this was a repair on my dad's equipment trailer jack.

·
Tech Mod
30,700 Posts
suppose ill post up my booger welds.

the part is a hand operated pallet jack handle that bent, then snapped. 2 "L" brackets welded on opposite sides. the square tubing is 14 gauge, the brackets are 1/8" plate.

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
Noma97, what method do you use or do you just have that steady of a hand. Nice bead

·
I <3 Primer
892 Posts
Noma97, what method do you use or do you just have that steady of a hand. Nice bead
Push and pause with a slight weave and thank you. I'm self taught in MIG, Stick, and TIG but I've also taken a few classes to learn about the metallurgy.

·
First Gens FTW!
653 Posts
Layed this down a few hours ago with a Lincoln 175. Sorry for the crappy iPhone pic, but I was happy with it and it will get the job done.

101 - 120 of 265 Posts