S-10 Forum banner

81 - 100 of 265 Posts

·
PANFACE
3,388 Posts
if you dont mind on some sheet tack and bead and if you have some 1/8 inch tack and bead think you
here is weld that i have in the garage, its 3/8" welded to 14 gauge. CO2 gas, .030 GMAW, i believe .030.

·
Mafia Customz
748 Posts
that dont have no where as much splatter as the innersheild i use and it dont look like ash LOL

what size tank r u running i just got a 40cf tank of c02 and was wanting to know what it cost to fill.

·
PANFACE
3,388 Posts
That's with a welder in my metal sculpting class so I have no clue how much it cost. I can't remember how much it cost to fill my c25 tank bit it isn't to bad an its a 80cu ft tank I believe. I like to use innershield to, the clean up is the only problem.

·
PANFACE
3,388 Posts
i hated doing stuff that thick and doing full pen welds. even worse was when i had to do full pen welds on I-beams that are installed and have no room to get to it to weld and no room to move the gun around so you end up having more stick out than you want and can't get the puddle to do what you want.

·
PANFACE
3,388 Posts
the one thing i miss about my old job the most is the miller 350p...that shit was tits
that's what I miss about welding school. We had the best equipment, new nice steel. Once I got a job I had 20 year old welders that said 30v when it was as hot as 22v on my own welder an had to deal with all types of condition steel.

·
22 psi...stock
3,793 Posts
Shame of it is...it hasent even been turned on since i resigned in sept 2010 lol...same with the hypertherm. But oh well, at least we have a tig machine here, i have a mig and stick at the house so its allllll good...

·
Budget Ballin FTS!
3,652 Posts
yeah man. just keep practicing and you'll be able to lay a bead just as nice as mig. what rods are you using?
6013 rods, They seem to be the best I have found. The slag just rolls right off and you can pick it up without having a chipping hammer if your welding right, and I run my welder on about 135.

Oh and do these count? They are welded...

*welded on both sides*

·
I drive
5,246 Posts
because of this thread, i played with my welder for the first time in over a year..and my bottle was still open since i last used it haha.

i just felt like welding a bunch of jun together.

·
Budget Ballin FTS!
3,652 Posts
those look good. i prefer 7018's. they're all the way round better in my opinion.
Thanks broseph :) And I use some 7018's. But man they are a pain! its hard to find the right tempurature setting and they seem to burn alot different. The slag is always I bitch to get off. I just dont like them lol. The 6013 is easy to weld, slag rolls right off and is easy to start. As to the 7018 it seems like I have to strike 10 times sometimes.

·
Registered Asshole
1,059 Posts
Thanks broseph :) And I use some 7018's. But man they are a pain! its hard to find the right tempurature setting and they seem to burn alot different. The slag is always I bitch to get off. I just dont like them lol. The 6013 is easy to weld, slag rolls right off and is easy to start. As to the 7018 it seems like I have to strike 10 times sometimes.

you just gotta make sure to keep them in an oven because they suck up moisture like a bitch. i use them alot at work, and they start to be a pain within like 5 hours of being out of an oven.

·
PANFACE
3,388 Posts
you just gotta make sure to keep them in an oven because they suck up moisture like a bitch. i use them alot at work, and they start to be a pain within like 5 hours of being out of an oven.
My old work could care less about ovens, and most of the time we just used what we had in our rod holders, needless to say we had to go through a bunch of rods when we went to use what we had. I seemed to be the only one out of the field crews that would actually try and get rods out of the only oven we had each time I was welding stick, or would care to put the rods from a new container into the oven. Use to make me so mad.

81 - 100 of 265 Posts