S-10 Forum banner

61 - 80 of 265 Posts

·
Mafia Customz
748 Posts
why dont any one flush weld the c notch its always like that i no you will never see it but if it was mine i would know it looks like that.

im not saying your welds are bad im just saying i dont like the way the c notch is done.

·
22 psi...stock
3,793 Posts
been a few years since i tig'd aluminum...had to do some at work figured id run a practice bead first on the scrap i use to prep my tungsten...the pieces i was welding were just in need of small tacks tho.

·
selfmade__brandon
1,592 Posts
modified x member for a 65 buick skylark

not the best, was done with 80/20 which i do not like personally

modified oil pan for 64 buick for ground clearance, tig welded

TCI front clip i did on a customers 65 mustang.

This week ill take some more pics of some good welds and post them from my truck

·
Longbeds FTMFW
8,623 Posts
why dont any one flush weld the c notch its always like that i no you will never see it but if it was mine i would know it looks like that.

im not saying your welds are bad im just saying i dont like the way the c notch is done.
Because he did it the correct way. It is stronger like this.

·
Registered Asshole
1,059 Posts

because its not yours

·
Registered Asshole
1,059 Posts
And if you notice, in the last pic, I had rewelded all the way around on the bushing to get rid of any holes

was just about to say, watch for holes those are no good. did you just weld right over it or grind everything back out? just be careful welding over. more welds isnt necessarily good, you could make the steel brittle. but it looks like you just didnt connect the welds together. just make sure you grind down that section a little to make sure your weld penetrates down in or else it won't.

other than that props for stick welding all this. i love stick welding but i don't use it much anymore at work.

·
PANFACE
3,388 Posts
any one have pics of co2 vs c25 welds
the biggest difference is that CO2 is going to burn hotter than C25, and is cheaper. But i could give you a picture of a CO2 weld and a C25 weld and look the same.

·
Budget Ballin FTS!
3,652 Posts
was just about to say, watch for holes those are no good. did you just weld right over it or grind everything back out? just be careful welding over. more welds isnt necessarily good, you could make the steel brittle. but it looks like you just didnt connect the welds together. just make sure you grind down that section a little to make sure your weld penetrates down in or else it won't.

other than that props for stick welding all this. i love stick welding but i don't use it much anymore at work.
I didnt grind it all the way down, Just smoothed it some, wire brushed it, then ran one bead all the way round. Boy was that fun :/

And thanks for the props man! I know the welds arent as good as the nicer welders, But I like to think that for stick, they are pretty dang good. Some places could be better tho Ill say that.

·
Registered Asshole
1,059 Posts
I didnt grind it all the way down, Just smoothed it some, wire brushed it, then ran one bead all the way round. Boy was that fun :/

And thanks for the props man! I know the welds arent as good as the nicer welders, But I like to think that for stick, they are pretty dang good. Some places could be better tho Ill say that.

yeah man. just keep practicing and you'll be able to lay a bead just as nice as mig. what rods are you using?

·
PANFACE
3,388 Posts
if you dont mind on some sheet tack and bead and if you have some 1/8 inch tack and bead think you
i wont have access to any CO2 till next monday, i only run C25 at home so i will try to remember.

61 - 80 of 265 Posts