S-10 Forum banner

41 - 60 of 265 Posts

·
Registered Asshole
1,059 Posts
with all these great fabricators on here seems like some one would make a better looking c-notch

is that better a better looking c notch? i like the look of no welds on the notch, but everything else i'm doing is going to showoff every weld

·
Budget Ballin FTS!
3,652 Posts
Dude...get some better pictures of this joint...more clear on this angle, a shot looking at the side, and one towards the back of the c-channel.

Sorry I havent seen this thread in a while. There are a ton of pics of it in the link in my sig.

To the discussion about using C channel and why its on top of the frame, The bed that I HAD and was going to use was cut up kinda wierd. My way of "bracing" the floor so that the back of the notch cover wouldnt be loose or flex was this. The hole ended right on top of this bar so it braced the bed floor. I wanted to mount it in the frame, But also wanted to brace the floor so this was the way I went about doing it. but I junked the bed so now its just there

And thanks for the constructive critisism :) When people point out stuff I do wrong or where I could have done better it will help me when I do my next one. Ill admit I could have built something that looked a little better, But this was my first time building something like this. I wasnt too worried about how it looked since I was going to cover it

·
Mafia Customz
748 Posts
well why not do some round stock with some realy nice bends or even better try to make it look like their is no notch at all by doing a c-notch more under the truck LOL alot of ideas and no funds

·
Registered Asshole
1,059 Posts
I like using 2x4 tubing because it's personally alot easier to get square accurate measurements. Also id life a little c notch but for as much travel that I needed it was necessary to make it that big. I would've loved to have it underslung but for dd and something id be towing with I felt that was the best way

·
Mafia Customz
748 Posts
well i was looking for a notch for my caprice and i hate the mini c and the monster c notch thats out i found a real C notch thats made out of a 3/8" steel pipe built like a mini c it looks good

·
Registered Asshole
1,059 Posts
well i was looking for a notch for my caprice and i hate the mini c and the monster c notch thats out i found a real C notch thats made out of a 3/8" steel pipe built like a mini c it looks good

mini notch like a pipe cut into a half moon?

41 - 60 of 265 Posts