S-10 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 265 Posts

·
PANFACE
3,388 Posts
well i passed mine. but all you have to do for mig is a 6in vertical up pulsed spray weld which consists of 3 passes. and it costs 85 dollars for the certification plate. im pretty sure that there is a seperate one for mig welding aluminum also.
is that for all position or just a shop weld cert? for mine i did 6 inch i believe, vertical and over head but that was for a all position structural certification, no pulsed spray, thats how it is in washington.

i always love reading these "lets see your welds" topics. interesting to see what the opinions are of people and how they say the welds are suppose to look like. or the fact that some people learn at big name places and just assume that they know everything and weld "right"

·
Registered
2 Posts
I took four year of welding in school, been welding since I graduated. There are some pretty nice welds in these pictures but don't forget guys, clean up those frames before you go to welding. Aside from that looks good guys.

·
PANFACE
3,388 Posts
I took four year of welding in school, been welding since I graduated. There are some pretty nice welds in these pictures but don't forget guys, clean up those frames before you go to welding. Aside from that looks good guys.
you took four years of welding? thats a long time in school for welding. how long were your classes?

·
Tech Mod
30,700 Posts
don't forget guys, clean up those frames before you go to welding.
Probably talking about mine :haha:

i did clean the frame, clean bare metal but i left the chassis saver paint just outside of the weld area. i should have cleaned it further but at the time believed that was enough. but trust me though, the frame was clean before welding, ie. shiny bare metal.

·
22 psi...stock
3,793 Posts
bronze, tig, autogenus

a105, tig, 720 psi @ 100°F

316ss to cast iron, tig, crappy

316ss, tig, autogenus, looks undercut but was a recess, custom adaptor

316ss, mig, custom designed window for bayer chemical, single bevel groove

carbon steel, pulse mig, my first shot at it...took a little getting used to

·
Budget Ballin FTS!
3,652 Posts
mine are no where near as good as any of the ones posted in here :(

Learning to use a 7018 rod from a 6013. Little different.

Slag (I was very bored)

Bag bar on my dime

CUNSTRUCTIVE criticism is welcomed.

·
Mafia Customz
748 Posts
i just wish i could buy a miller esab or lincoln welder i never have 1000 to drop on that so im stuck with HF but my HF welder does alot better thin i thought it would all i need now it to go from flux to mig the tank and gas is like $150 and only a 20 cf tank sucks

·
22 psi...stock
3,793 Posts
mine are no where near as good as any of the ones posted in here :(

CUNSTRUCTIVE criticism is welcomed.
Dude...get some better pictures of this joint...more clear on this angle, a shot looking at the side, and one towards the back of the c-channel.

·
Mafia Customz
748 Posts
why did he use C channel i would have used square stock and bolted my bags to that and why did he put it on top the frame and not in the frame. i have not bagged a s10 like that but im guessing its just to get a lower ride not for looks.

·
Meh...noob
787 Posts
why did he use C channel i would have used square stock and bolted my bags to that and why did he put it on top the frame and not in the frame. i have not bagged a s10 like that but im guessing its just to get a lower ride not for looks.
It looks like there's another piece of channel underneath it too so dropping it inside the frame would give the same result right? I don't have a bagged ride. Just making an observation :p

·
Mafia Customz
748 Posts
i think he cut the c channel and welded it together to bolt the bags to their just seems to be a lack of planing. I myself like to plan for about a week to make sure its as best as it can be and look super sweet when done.

21 - 40 of 265 Posts