S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 334 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't seen this thread in the SS forum.

Thought I'd post one.

Post pics of your SS S10 here. :D

·
Kingdom Mini's
155 Posts
Yes, please do. I'd like to find a black ss for sale, all I've seen are red.

·
1998 S10
4 Posts
You have some really nice trucks.

I'd like to find a nice SS for sale sometime, I'd like to have one.
It would probably have to be a 98 though, I'm stuck on that year, my Xtreme is a 98, just like that front end better.

SSfan, I like the hood on your white truck, as well as the stripes.
What kind of cowl hood is that? It looks like the "Silverado" style hood in the LMC Catalog.

·
Kingdom Mini's
155 Posts

·
Starting from scratch...
3,349 Posts
Wow, that was one nice truck! Did you sell, stolen, or accident if you don't mind me asking? I'm looking for a black one right now. The more i see the 94'-97' front ends the more I like'm better, especially lowered with fogs.
Clean truck man, hope to find one half as clean.

Marc
Hey, thanks fot the compliment..
Truck was traded in/sold (after pulling the good stuff to sell it). Had 200k+ miles, no second gear, ate a half-quart of oil a day, and had more rust cancer spots growing than I had the time or patience to fix. Got lotsa years of good times tinkering with and driving it, but I went ahead and bought the Blazer cuz it also worked out better with a little one on the way than a reg cab pickup with no passenger side airbag.:)

·
Kingdom Mini's
155 Posts
Hey, thanks fot the compliment..
Truck was traded in/sold (after pulling the good stuff to sell it). Had 200k+ miles, no second gear, ate a half-quart of oil a day, and had more rust cancer spots growing than I had the time or patience to fix. Got lotsa years of good times tinkering with and driving it, but I went ahead and bought the Blazer cuz it also worked out better with a little one on the way than a reg cab pickup with no passenger side airbag.:)

If that had a ton of rust, I sure couldn't see it. I do understand about the other stuff though, and you have a good looking blazer so you're good.
It still was one sweet looking ss and I'm sure if you had the money you would've kept it and bought the blazer.
What much did they give you on trade money wise if you don't mind me asking?
Just curious cause I just saw a one on cl for $9k, granted it was in great shape and low miles, but there's no way a dealer gave the guy even close to that.

Thanks
Marc

·
Kingdom Mini's
155 Posts

Truck is sick man, Is that factory Summit white, cause it looks like it has some pearl in it, especially the mirrors. Or does summit white have pearl in it? I really need to see one in person. lol
There's a clean looking one in Michigan I'd like to grab but man $6k is way to steep for me. May try and get this apple red one aroung here for $2k.

Oh wait, where did you get the steering wheel with the Chevy logo on the horn button? And what seats do you have? Interior is nice, you did a great job building your truck.

Marc

·
Big Blue Nation
1,474 Posts
Truck is sick man, Is that factory Summit white, cause it looks like it has some pearl in it, especially the mirrors. Or does summit white have pearl in it? I really need to see one in person. lol
There's a clean looking one in Michigan I'd like to grab but man $6k is way to steep for me. May try and get this apple red one aroung here for $2k.

Oh wait, where did you get the steering wheel with the Chevy logo on the horn button? And what seats do you have? Interior is nice, you did a great job building your truck.

Marc
i painted it GM diamond white which is a pearl white, the stripes are a custom pearl red...we sprayed it with Prowler red and then put some gold pearl over that.....heres a better pic of the pearl(this was before it was buffed and waxed by the way)

heres the pearl in the stripes after we sparyed them..its not the best pic in the world

the wheel is a grant i got the chevy horn button at jegs

and the seats are from an '02 extreme

·
Big Blue Nation
1,474 Posts
Why is your dads "SS" badge on the wrong side of the tailgate??
thats how it was when he bought it ive seen them go both ways but my 94 was the same way too i never could figure out why some had the badges one way and some didnt

·
Administrator
23,081 Posts
thats how it was when he bought it ive seen them go both ways but my 94 was the same way too i never could figure out why some had the badges one way and some didnt
I've never seen any after '96 that had that configuration. Has it been repainted maybe??

·
Big Blue Nation
1,474 Posts
I've never seen any after '96 that had that configuration. Has it been repainted maybe??
obviously we reapainted the 94 but it had no paint work before that and the 98 didnt either that truck has been babied its whole life(wish i could say the same for the 94!lol we did a full history report on both of them so as far as we know niether one was repainted

·
Administrator
23,081 Posts
obviously we reapainted the 94 but it had no paint work before that and the 98 didnt either that truck has been babied its whole life(wish i could say the same for the 94!lol we did a full history report on both of them so as far as we know niether one was repainted
Check the sides of the tailgate at the bottom. I don't think I've seen one yet (after it was pointed out to me by Dork) that is completely painted on the edge.

1 - 20 of 334 Posts