S-10 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Pusstang Killa
36 Posts
Looks good man, I'm just wonderin what you used to go from the hat to the MAF, I want to replace my accordian looking thing with something smooth. No pic of my intake, but I have the airmax spiral intake found at streetandperformanceelectronics.com , any help would be appreciated (sizes and what not). Thanks,
Nick

·
Canuck w/Truck
624 Posts
Here is a the Intake I made for my truck (My Friend Designed It). It was A LOT cheaper that either a Volant or K&N, and fun to build. I also gutted the MAF. I'm really happy with the results, looks cool too!

Attachments

·
Fleetwood Truckers So. Cal.
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey red10 is that a Home Depot special intake. I'm thinking of using a cone filter at the end but, I like the way my air box sucks the air in. It's cut up so it will block the engine heat. I also modified the MAF, to be honest I just removed the screen. I heard a lot of bad things by removing the center bar.

LOWRDS10

·
Canuck w/Truck
624 Posts
You Bet Home Depot all the way!! Total Cost w/Filter under $100 Canadian. So almost free in US funds! LOL. Works good and looks pretty cool.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Intake

red10 said:
You Bet Home Depot all the way!! Total Cost w/Filter under $100 Canadian. So almost free in US funds! LOL. Works good and looks pretty cool.
Looks cool, Only problem is my Blazer is a 1995 and the Throttle body is not in the same spot. Do you know anyone whom has one like mine and made a cool air intake?

·
xtreme nutcase
487 Posts
hey red 10, nice set-up.

what do you call that rubber coupling that you use? did you get that at home depot as well? i've been looking all over for that.

·
Canuck w/Truck
624 Posts
Hey Joe,

I got the coupling from Home Depot, (On either side of the MAF). It was inside a stainless steel sleeve/band clamp coupler. It was just a rubber lining but the dimensions were perfect, it also has some strecth to it. The top rubber peice is a 4" rubber joint, I connected it all with various bends and lengths of 3" PVC pipe.

2 - 45* Elbows
2 - 3 1/2" Sections of PVC
The rest was just band clamped together. I made sure to put the ugly side of the band clamp to the back. :thumbup:

Hope that helped Joe!!!

PS: I got everything except the filter from the plumbing aisle at Home Depot. The filter is for a Cummins diesel!! LOL

·
xtreme nutcase
487 Posts
thanks man....

it's not really for my truck, my brother is building an old datsun 280z. and we're trying to make a costom intake tubing for it.

·
Fleetwood Truckers So. Cal.
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
you take your MAF sensor, take off the 4 screws, pull apart the sensor make sure you do not damage the middle section. Pop off the screen and you are done. You can go further and remove the center bar but you will not notice any difference from removing the screen.

LOWRDS10

·
life begins @ 20 psi
674 Posts
1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.