S-10 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2000 Chevy Blazer and the 4.3 comes with the air injected manifolds and the air pump is starting to get loud at times and it gets annoying only after start ups when i turn the truck off for a little bit and let it sit for a little bit. Im wondering is it possible to remove the air pump and the lines and cap off the lines that connect to the manifolds?

·
Gaaoooooo
13,572 Posts
Sure is possible but you'll have an SES light on for the AIR injection system.

·
i saw what you did there!
3,573 Posts
pipe plugs at hardware store will plug them, close enough threads

or cut the tubes off and smash them over the fittings

been here done this lots of times over the years
i always do it with caps, but some may not unthread and be in bad shape, ive seen and owned many that were done by smashing over and it works fine too

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
pipe plugs at hardware store will plug them, close enough threads

or cut the tubes off and smash them over the fittings

been here done this lots of times over the years
i always do it with caps, but some may not unthread and be in bad shape, ive seen and owned many that were done by smashing over and it works fine too
Thanks man! Did yours ever start to make noise and be obnouxious? And MINTSICK im going to be sending back my tune so ill see if they can get that removed.

·
Gaaoooooo
13,572 Posts
After I removed the AIR pump and lines I of course still had the hard fittings on the exhaust manifolds, I ended up finding a big enough bolt to fit into the pipes I think...never had an issue with them. I tuned the codes out in my tune as well, passed smog many times!

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
After I removed the AIR pump and lines I of course still had the hard fittings on the exhaust manifolds, I ended up finding a big enough bolt to fit into the pipes I think...never had an issue with them. I tuned the codes out in my tune as well, passed smog many times!
Alright cool thanks. Obviously it wasent too hard to take the pump and lines out?

·
Gaaoooooo
13,572 Posts
Nah it was cake really, the pump is mounted behind the bumper/airdam towards the right of the truck a bit, once you locate that you'll see everything you need to remove.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts