S-10 Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys. My friend has a set of 2001 envoy headlights with fogs. They are the same size as my headlights (2001 gmc jimmy sls 2door). They do include a balast. What modifications do I need to make to make them work? Obviously I know I need a foglight switch and bulbs. What else? Is it even possible?

·
Registered
413 Posts
I can't say for sure but I think there is a post about this. They were able to make it work, IIRC but I don't know what would be involved. Try searching for it and see what's out there.

·
-------------
2,752 Posts
Envoy headlights don't have built in fog lights. They have three main lights, a high beam, Low beam (HID), and turn signal. And they are a direct swap into a Jimmy the low beam headlight plug plugs directly into the ballast the other lights just install as normal.

Also if you are getting these from someone who has the whole setup make sure to the the ballast brackets from the donor truck if possible, it makes installation much easier.

·
8/31/1897 - 4/29/2004
9,219 Posts
^^exactly what slows10 said.

I have them in my '97

here is what you need...the ballasts bolt to the core support behind the bumper.if you've ever had your nose off and noticed a few extra holes for clip nuts like the ones that hold in your PS cooler...that's what they're for.:cool:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello guys. My friend has a set of 2001 envoy headlights with fogs. They are the same size as my headlights (2001 gmc jimmy sls 2door). They do include a balast. What modifications do I need to make to make them work? Obviously I know I need a foglight switch and bulbs. What else? Is it even possible?
Yes you can use the stock 98-00 GMC HID headlamps assemblies in a stock Jimmy. They connect to the std headlight wiring system. Just wish aftermarket car part companies made a replacement setup.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.