S-10 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
SK= Midwest's Elite
4,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay i already got the stuff for my system, all of it. I just need to know how i should wire this shit together.

I was thinkin take out the jackstand of the EXT. Cab and put the 2 12's there....but then i got 2 amps and fuses and distro block and capacitor to worry about....where in the fock should they go?

BTW i got 2 12's, 2 amps, capacitor, and normal wiring shit that goes with it in case you need that to plan "symetry"....thanks for the help

also...im startin the install tomorrow so some quick help is appreciated....:dunno:

·
Project: Sabriel
12,507 Posts
um...can u mount the caps on the boxes? ive got my cap mounted on a box, and it gets it out of the way. tke the jack case out, and put the jack somewhere else. could you mount the amps under the jump seats? how big is the distributor block and fuse? could you mount them under the seat?

·
SK= Midwest's Elite
4,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
theres an idea actually...i was kinda thinkin puttin the amps sunk into that back plastic piece on each side of the subs with the capacitor in the middle of the box and mounted between the amps on the back wall, with the wiring and everything else being hidden by the plastic piece.

BUT...maybe if i put the amps under the seats there would be more room to be creative with the box and fuses and stuff

Thanks for the reply

·
12,507 Posts
do you have any pics? i take it the boxes arent wood? i was going to mount the amp under my drivers seat, but it turned out there were a bunch of wires for the seat adjustments and stuff, so i wound up mounting the amp vertically between the subs.

·
SK= Midwest's Elite
4,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well Tempe i was just readin through the threads and he likes to take the ego trip if you make him feel needed...i didnt think i had to mention you were needed, seen as though you are the audio GOD

Sorry about the cap...mainly for aesthetic purposes, but any ideas on the setup?

BTW Muddy...i still have to build everything man, i dont have any prefabbed boxes...its all gonna be from scratch

·
Registered
77 Posts
you could make an amp rack on the box somewhere, since you haven't made the box yet. If it's some nicer distrobution stuff you should try to incorperate it in to the rack.

·
Registered Slacker
3,439 Posts
ah stop HATE-N guys smnw2003 and tempe are yes "gods" wen it comes to car audio...just let them be...
oh dont mount your amp to your box unless u mount it right above a brace thats in the box...i read somewhere that the vibrations will fawk up you amp..shit in ur amp will come loose and the short circuit and stuff..something like that...good luck dawg

·
Got V8?
3,263 Posts
SLAMnoma95 said:
DAM....wheres SMNW2003 when you need him?
Whats the deal with some people liking me and some hating me?!

My idea would be design a false floor and mount the amps on that and put the box against the back wall.

back of truck
----------------
{==subs==}
[amp] [amp]
----------------
front of truck

Making a coverboard for the false floor will make the amps appear flush plus get rid of all the wire mess that you may have

·
12,507 Posts
i wish i had an extended cab so i could make my stuff look nice...can we all agree that SMNW2003 and tempe know anything and everything about car audio, and leave it at that?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts