S-10 Forum banner

Portland Swap Meet

2K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  richarddhoward 
#1 ·
Who's going. I've had a booth for 16 years now. Started out on the track before they shut it down, moved up to the parking lot, now my buddies and I have a prime spot. Up close to the buildings with a covered walkway behind us. Good times. I've got a very small amount of S-10 stuff left, like a rear sway bar, brand new, never used.

Just wanted to know who else goes or who is thinking of going. It's great, out of 4 nieces, I have one that is into hotrods and comes out to hang for awhile.

#7 ·
Who's going. I've had a booth for 16 years now. Started out on the track before they shut it down, moved up to the parking lot, .
Wait PIR track is closed? I haven't been in Washington or Oregon much in the last 2 years because of school, that was one of my favorite tracks....

#8 ·
No, the track itself is not shut down. Years ago, the swap meet covered the Expo grounds and the race track. Eventually, they quit using the race track and it was only on the Expo grounds and buildings. Now they have a new swap meet down at the track, and the original one at the Expo. But now, it costs to get into both, where in the old days, it was all the same swap meet.

#9 ·
No, the track itself is not shut down. Years ago, the swap meet covered the Expo grounds and the race track. Eventually, they quit using the race track and it was only on the Expo grounds and buildings. Now they have a new swap meet down at the track, and the original one at the Expo. But now, it costs to get into both, where in the old days, it was all the same swap meet.

That's good to know, it's hard to see at the drag strip but still one of my favorite tracks.

But that is dumb to charge for both, but anything to make a profit, idiots

#11 ·
That's still dumb, why aren't they combined? They are both right there no reason not to be.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.