S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
choppin on twankies!
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i was on cavalier connection and they have a fully ported and pollished ohv 2.2 head for 900 will this work on my 2.2l???and what about them fuel injectors too??thanx

·
choppin on twankies!
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
o and it they do fit how much of a gain will i get(hp)???

·
bitch
7,884 Posts
if you don't do the exhaust too its pointless, a cavalier head might fit with a lot of work.

·
choppin on twankies!
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
o yeah if i pull the head ill prolly get a header and the intake gasket matched...but if theres alot of work ill just get my head done...

·
SNAUSBERRIES!!!!
194 Posts
I think all the internals on the cav and s-10 2.2 are the same, from what ive seen the only diff is the pulley arrangement... Although the ports and bolt patterns for the manifolds could be different... i'd E-mail them or if you have a friend with a cavy take a real close look at his and compare

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
its a direct bolt on, would give you a decent gain, mike said something about 20 HP I believe in one of my old email convos with him....and when mike says something, believe it. Cavvy connection is a real good site to work with....the heads are identical, the only diff between a cavvy and a s-10 motor are the intake manifolds and the exhaust manifolds, everything else is the same....flywheel starter, etc...

Caleb

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
and by intake and exhaust manifolds, I mean the placement of them not the ports seeing as how cavvys are FWD and S-10's are RWD

Caleb

·
slowly fast
2,001 Posts
You can save some money buy doing it yourself.Most of these heads are basic port jobs that just require alot of time to produce them.I ordered a complete core engine from a junkyard for $100(carparts.com).Then ordered the Standard Abrasives port/polish kit from Summit for $40.Comes with a step by step guide on doing a basic port/polish job.Their web site is WWW.SA-MOTORSPORTS.COM.You can overview the guide on their site,maybe this might be something you would be interested if you want to save some cash.You would just need to take the head when your done and get new valve seats installed or just get it completely assembled.

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
yeah, the cavvy connection one comes with bigger valves and its completely flow benched for accurate numbers.....

Caleb

·
slowly fast
2,001 Posts
And a flowbenched head doesn't improve performance to much if you don't have a set of calibrated/matched injectors to go with it.If each cylinder is getting the same airflo ,then they need the same fuel flo to benifit.

·
Do I need a gas mask?!
5,780 Posts
Stinky said:
Yeah but i spent $150 and will get 10-15hp,and if you get the cavileirconn. head you spend $1000 dollars and get 20-25hp.
werd.. sometimes people pay for a name... but if you can do it yourself, get a good amount of gain(15hp is dang good for these motors) and save $700 or so dollars, and willing to do it yourself. go for it. its mor rewarding...

·
choppin on twankies!
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
so if i ported and polished my head and gasket matched my intake put a lil oversized valves and got me a header what gains would i see??

·
slowly fast
2,001 Posts
The head will give you 10+15 hp and maybe some torque.The header will give you 10 hp and close to 15-17 ftlbs torque.With both on working together 25 hp and 20 ftlbs torque.This is all an educated guess but its pretty real expectations

·
Fastest 2.2 liter
566 Posts
You cant really gasket match the intake side on the 98-02 heads because the intake ports on the head already match the runners on the intake manifold. You MIGHT be able to take off a little material, but not alot. You could probably port the inside of the intake ports tho, but I really doubt that you can do anything with the opening on the intake side without having another manifold made with larger runners.

·
choppin on twankies!
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i think thats a ok gain for this motor..hmmm im thinking about doin this and then maybe a lil juice....

·
choppin on twankies!
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
yo adler what i gotta do to get CC to sponsor me???lol i had to ask..

·
Fastest 2.2 liter
566 Posts
To tell you the truth, I don't really know. LOL
Maybe it was because he knows what I am doing to my car, and knows the goals that I have. And maybe he knows that people know of me on jbody.org, and if my car makes alot of power, his products will be on my car. Advertisement for his company maybe?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts