S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered Slacker
3,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okae..i just replaced my 3 30a fuses on my DEI Viper d1200.1 amp...i turned it on and viola..it turns on...
i then see the logo blink then the logo turns off..and i see at the corner of my eye..the fuses flash and i hear a tiny POP sound...i blew all three of em, again.
all my gains were turned down..i dunno why it's doin that..i have a good ground...please help thanks

·
Registered Slacker
3,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:finger:
fawk that..i bought this brand new..

·
Registered
876 Posts
it sounds like you need to take your shit to a certified installer. some ppl should just not **** with audio equipment. some of you ppl are so damn cheap. you buy all your shit online, and most of it is refurbished shit. and then u hook it up yourselves and when it blows up u cry about it. not trying to bust your balls or anything, it's just obvious u don't have enogh experience with electronics to be doing it yourself.

·
Registered Slacker
3,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
dayum..u dont even know...
i've installed about 50 systems since i've gotten in to this..this is the only time my shit ****ed up..dude i ask for help not for someone to talk out of there ass..FCUK OFF!!
oh and this amp is brand new..u can take it up with David from RE..
dont go makin like u can go around tellin people dat they dont got enough experience with stuff like this..havin a blowthru dont give u dat right..so like i said earlier FCUK OFF B!TCH

·
slowly fast
2,001 Posts
loudnlowS10 said:
it sounds like you need to take your shit to a certified installer. some ppl should just not **** with audio equipment. some of you ppl are so damn cheap. you buy all your shit online, and most of it is refurbished shit. and then u hook it up yourselves and when it blows up u cry about it. not trying to bust your balls or anything, it's just obvious u don't have enogh experience with electronics to be doing it yourself.
Sounds like you need to engage your brain before your mouth,it's not like sometimes you get bunk crap from manufactures.Thats why they have warrenties because about a billion aday are being made in some third world country with no product quality control.

·
Registered Slacker
3,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
:werd:
i dunno if ur takin sides..if u are then koo, thanks but if not..then das koo too..but mainly thanks for talkin sense...this helps actually

·
do it....NOOOOWWW!!!
674 Posts
I was looking on this page here
and it says:

For amplifiers... What happens many times is that a component fails (often an output transistor) and the fuse blows. Since the fuse has likely been passing a fair amount of current (remember, the amplifier was playing loud enough to fail) the fuse's element was at a higher than ambient temperature and allowed the fuse to blow relatively quickly. When you insert a new (cool) fuse, it will take more to blow it even if it was identical to the one that originally blew. If the power supply components in the amp are operating at the upper end of their safe operating area (common with budget amplifiers), the new fuse might not blow before the power supply components (remember that the amplifier probably has a shorted output transistor). If the power supply components are destroyed (along with the output transistors), the repair bill may be significantly higher (maybe $100 instead of $60). Checking to make sure that everything is OK with the smaller fuse will assure you that no more damage is done.

·
Registered Slacker
3,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
there we go..thats stuff i can use..hrmm..make sure that everything is OK with the smaller fuse? im sure it's fine..i now 9 30a blown fuses lol..imma get DEI to either fix it or gimme a new one.. :D thanks man..more is welcomed

·
Registered
876 Posts
sorry man. i don't mean nothing by it. just a bad day at work. i work in a shop and all day long we get ppl that come in and ask for advice and prices and they have no intentions of buying from us. they just want us to tell them want they need and then they order over the net. then they try to hook the shit up and usually **** it up and then they want us to fix it for free or tell them how to wire everything up. it's just alot of ppl have no business installing car audio and alot of them are on this site. not saying you are one of them, but it was just this thread i was on when i decided to vent. sorry if i offended you, but i thought u had a problem before with a hifonics amp and i just assumed you didn't know what u were doing. like i said, i apologize for my comments.:dunce:

·
Registered Slacker
3,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
lol dammit David :finger: again..

loudnlowS10...shiet now i feel bad..heh..yea me too i take back about watever i said..i had a bad day too that day..plus the amp smokin up on me..and the fact that i've never really had a defective product which was brand spankin new..so yea im straight up sorry too..
the hifonics worked perfectly untill i kept the gain up..that i didnt know what i was doin..i didnt really know about clippin and stuff..i thought that it only happend to the subs..but now i know...

oh yea im a straight noob at this stuff but like David said..gotta learn some time...just glad i got u guys as some of my teachers :D

·
slowly fast
2,001 Posts
03 S10 eXtreme said:
:werd:
i dunno if ur takin sides..if u are then koo, thanks but if not..then das koo too..but mainly thanks for talkin sense...this helps actually
That dude was being a donkey,thats what these forums are about,asking questions and finding info.If he didn't want to help he should have just said nothing.

·
slowly fast
2,001 Posts
Loudnlow,don't get me wrong,i do know where your comming from.Some people are booksmart,some people have common sense,then some people have none of the above and it makes your brain hurt talking to them when they have that faraway look in their eyes.Sounds like those people migrate to your shop in flocks.I'm sure when you have work to do and deadlines to meet your time could be better spent.

·
Registered Slacker
3,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Stinky said:
That dude was being a donkey,thats what these forums are about,asking questions and finding info.If he didn't want to help he should have just said nothing.
nah no it's koo now..thanks tho :D

1 - 20 of 31 Posts