S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to let everyone know that the poly mounts are great. Thanks to boosted thrills for making the frame pads. I got mine installed last night. The drivers side was a bit of a pain, but it was nice once everything was done. I did the trans mount also. One thing for sure, is that my truck no longer seems to have the axle hop problem. I did a 1800 launch today on a side street, and I spun all the way through first, and a good part of 2nd gears. Seems that I am putting a bit more power to the ground. Now I just need the nittos back on, and get to the track on a good cold day and see if I can finally hit 14s.

For anyone thinking about these mounts, I suggest doing it.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The frame pad allows you to use the energy suspention polyurethane mounts. It is really just a flat plate with two vertical plates and a piece of round stock between the vertical plates for a bolt to go through. I should have taken some pics. oh well

·
Registered
940 Posts
blacksls00 said:
So.....why do u need a frame pad? Why cant poly mounts just bolt right in?
becuase they do not make a poly mount for our truck

·
Banned
21,222 Posts
So the poly mounts they do make, are a universal kind? And the frame pad bridges the gap here?

Also, where can u find pics/buy the poly mounts at?

·
Gone but not forgotten.
889 Posts

·
I da numba wun tunda!
406 Posts
how hard is it to do? like I mean what are the difficult steps in this?

btw the 31114b or r part numbers dont work at summit...anyone else have this prob?

·
Banned
21,222 Posts
yea, the part #'s are ENS-3-1114g

or, type in 31114g into the part # and then at the right, click "Partial Search" and it'll pull it right up. ;)

You hadda wrong part #. It nadda B at the end. ;)

·
Vortech power not Vtec!
957 Posts
what about vibration in the cabin? Is it annoying? Did u notice it alot? I cant stand stuff like that. IF my truck starts vibrating, i take a day off just to find out where its coming from.

·
Static> Bags
2,596 Posts
Boosted thrills is my older brother, And those frame pads are badass.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
You will notice some vibration at idle, but its not annoying to me. Yes I did buy 3 pieces. Sorry about the part numbers. I didn't try to look them up at summit. I just bought them at my local speed shop.

The biggest problem I had was getting the drivers side pad to line up. It was a bit of a pain, but I eventually got it. I ended up have to get the passanger side up as high as I could on its mount, and then the driverside would go down. I put my front end on jackstands, removed the front wheels and removed the inner fender wells. It can be done without roving the fenderwells, but I think it would be quite a pain.
The increase in tq has really suprised me. from a roll in first gear, if I nail it hard, the tires break loose and spin all the way through 1st, and I have 245-50s on the rear.

As soon as I can get some dyno numbers and track times I will let you guys know.

·
Sold
4,592 Posts
liftmys10 said:
what about vibration in the cabin? Is it annoying? Did u notice it alot? I cant stand stuff like that. IF my truck starts vibrating, i take a day off just to find out where its coming from.
yeah like obrien said its really not bad. i have had mine in for a few months now,and i don't even notice it anymore. i drive a bone stock 03 zq8 truck to work everyday, and i still don't notice it when i do get to drive my 98 that has the poly mounts.

·
The Dave Inc.
11,720 Posts
how would mounts add torque or at least eliminate some drivline loss to create more rwtq?

·
Banned
21,222 Posts
xxosiris9xx said:
how would mounts add torque or at least eliminate some drivline loss to create more rwtq?
They keep the engine from moving about. It helps to put down power to the wheels faster since the motor doesnt move as much.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts