S-10 Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
loco hombre
3,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody done this? I've never disassembled any of the rear end of my truck, save for changing the differential fluid, shocks, and brake components. Everything else is OE. I'd like to install poly bushings in the leaf springs but haven't ever taken the springs off, muchless installed new bushings. I have a 60,000 lb shop press at my disposal. The new poly bushings will be the ones from Energy Suspension. On to the questions...

Do the stock bushings have re-useable metal sleeves that I need to utilize with the new bushings? Whats the best way to press the old bushings out of the frame, if needed? Pressing the old bushings out of the springs I assume will just require the shop press and a little MacGyver work with getting the right sized "adapter" (a socket, probably, hehe) to press them out. Should I re-use the existing U-bolts or is that something that should be replaced with new ones, too?

Essentially... I'm a newbie to anything rear suspension :) My stock rubber ones are cracked, split, and just crappy overall, so its time for some better stuff. Next will be the A-arm bushings... :) Thanks for any advice... pics... etc. :)

1 - 1 of 1 Posts