S-10 Forum banner

Stepside bed or Fleetside bed

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
ROLL TIDE!!!!!!
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i wanted a stepside bed for awhile but its been really hard to find one in good shape for a decent price.

so now im starting think about just getting a better fleetside bed since mine is really bad off (even tho it doesnt look so bad) and doing a raised bed floor in it so i can still haul things if i needed to.

should i do the fleetside with raised floor or keep looking for a stepside?

·
ROLL TIDE!!!!!!
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol damn that was quick

im thinkin fleetside too since i can just go pick up several for real cheap anytime

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
if your concerned about the overall look, i choose fleetside anyday, stepside justm doesnt look as clean and smooth looking imo

·
Registered
181 Posts
i used to have a stepside bed on my truck then i got in an accident and the insurance didnt cover it since i had liability only and i didnt hit anyone. so i searched for a while for another stepside and everyone wanted like $1000 for them here. so i called on some fleetsides and found one the same color as my truck with one dent for $200. didnt like it at first but it grew on me and i think i like it better than the stepside now

·
ROLL TIDE!!!!!!
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
lol when i got on today i was like where the hell is my thread!
its cool tho i totally forgot about the polls section

and i still have no idea what im gonna do
i do like the stepsides but i just cant find one around here

i did find one on a truck that only the bed the cab and the wheels could be used off of the whole thing and the guy would not part with the bed

he told me i could get the whole truck for $2900 i just told him to have a nice day

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
I like the look of a stepside dropped over a nice big set of rims. Id rather have a stepside bed over my fleetside anyday.

·
3 crazy projects!!he,he
1,661 Posts
oh, and i voted stepside, can't beat the look, with a nice wide, fat tire out back, filling up the fenderwell.
same here step sides look nice with some wide wheels in the back,they look aggressive like a mean presa canario on steroids!!!:D
stepside all the way

·
HAND MADE
1,448 Posts
Stepside here for sure. Even without a wide tire filling it up IMO it looks sportier. Then with step shaver kit narrowing the ass end, it's perfect.

·
ROLL TIDE!!!!!!
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yup i plan on 20x8.5s in the front and 22x10s in the rear black coy c5s

·
ROLL TIDE!!!!!!
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
lol damn man i love that truck its freakin beautiful

im going sometime soon to get a bed if i can find a stepside thats what ill get but if not ill just get me a good fleetside

·
Two tones of terror
708 Posts
I like them both but fleetside looks cleaner. I ususally hate all stepsides but the s10 one looks sick, but then again s10s just look sick in general too.

·
Electrical Mod
56,129 Posts
I like stepsides better, but the older style on Full-size trucks. As for me, stepside loses too much of my bed space. I say you get a fleetside, mold the step side panels onto it (pushing the wheelwells out farther) and make your truck a dually.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
About this Discussion
38 Replies
30 Participants
Tobashadow
S-10 Forum
S10forum is the community to discuss the S-Series, Chevrolet Colorado and GMC Canyon. Join to discuss rebuilds, modifications, tech articles and more!
Full Forum Listing