S-10 Forum banner

On stock stereos, which would you rather have?

• 6-disc all-in-one CD changer AM / FM stereo (in-dash, NOT in console)

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • AM / FM / Cassette / single CD

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Bowtie Supply, RIP
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On stock stereos, which would you rather have?
6-disc all-in-one CD changer AM / FM stereo (in-dash, NOT in console), or
AM / FM / Cassette / single CD.

Both are in-dash, doesn't matter what was available in your year, I'm actually trying to choose between 2 Envoys, consider both to have Bose speakers. Both have RDS, ETR, Speed volume control, whatever, Take the poll! Thanks.

·
Bowtie Supply, RIP
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
...And I loved 8-Tracks! with the press of a button you could shuffle between 4 different songs or spots on the album!

·
time to get cereal
3,588 Posts
I vote deleting the AM radio for credit.

·
Bowtie Supply, RIP
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Can't delete the AM... NFL Football teams broadcast on AM. At 1 point, the Buffalo Bills broadcasted live games for 50 years on AM and one year the classic rock station on FM broadcast the pregame, game, and post game show and that was it, about 12 hours for 1 day, I think it only lasted 1 or 2 years on FM, then it went back to AM...

·
time to get cereal
3,588 Posts
I was just referencing the old TV commercials that would say you can delete the AM radio for credit.

Also, my truck didn't come from the factory with it but I do have a factory double DIN radio delete plate.

·
Bowtie Supply, RIP
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I had some vehicles I parted out or restored that had radio deletes--'65 Impala SS 409, '66 Caprice 396/4-speed/console gauges, '69 Hugger Orange Z/28 302DZ Crossram w/dual Holleys... The full-size Chevy radio deletes were just black plastic with "Chevrolet" in silver since that plate covered Biscaynes & BelAirs too.

·
B4U Task Force Admin
25,293 Posts
You parted all of those out!!! Shame. 😢

·
Bowtie Supply, RIP
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You parted all of those out!!! Shame. 😢
The Z/28 I helped restore to a show winner; that was the car that started Bowtie Supply--my friend who owned it said I should do it for a living and open a place. He even got me display cases and an old cash register. He was an independent Pepsi driver. Up until then, I was buying thru the local papers and selling at swap meets like Hamburg, Dunkirk, Rochester, Carlisle, Pittsburgh Parts-O-Rama, etc.
The Aztec Bronze Caprice was a neighborhood friend's; it started as his father's and had a yellow sticker in the door jamb--NY State Dept of Motor Vehicles. It got stolen right out of a public high school parking lot. The son eventually T-boned someone locally. He sold the 396 to another friend who had a '72 Chevelle SS. I bought what was left, which was a '66 Caprice w/tach & console gauges, 4-speed Muncie, 12-bolt posi, black buckets & console, dash pad, floor pans, Caprice taillights/bezels. Basically the car minus the motor & front clip...
It's been 1 hell of a ride...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts