S-10 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
99 s10 4.3 for sale
Joined
·
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
approaching 50k so i figure i should change out the sparkplugs...

anyone have a suggestion on which to use? also, what else should i take a look at? the engine is running a little rich, hopefully its the plugs. if not, anyone know what else it could be?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
508 Posts
I like the Split Fires and Rapid Fires but with my MSD ignition system they only last about 12k miles. Got too expensive. I just switched to Champion non platinum and Im really happy with them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18 Posts
I use the plain Jane, 99 cent , Autolites. That's what I used in my 4.3 and I beat the chit outta that truck off-road. Plugs never fouled, looked clean, kept their gap better than any I had used too.
 

·
want my #... 911 beotch!!
Joined
·
2,186 Posts
nah man, go with what i got Boch Platnium +4s. i noticed an improvement in acceleration and gas milage with them. they are a lil pricey, but they also have a different styles like the +2 thats a lil cheaper.:thumbup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,094 Posts
MightyMouseJ5 said:
nah man, go with what i got Boch Platnium +4s. i noticed an improvement in acceleration and gas milage with them. they are a lil pricey, but they also have a different styles like the +2 thats a lil cheaper.:thumbup:
I use the same plugs...I will be switching to some colder plugs when I do my headers, cause changing the plugs on this truck is an SOB...
 

·
99 s10 4.3 for sale
Joined
·
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
changing plugs is a SOB is an understatement.... took me a long ass time to get them all done this morning, but i did and the truck is runnin a little stronger.

also changed the fuel filter and got a nice little suprise as i was right under it when i unscrewed it... doh... anyone got a ciggerette? :uhoh:
 

·
2004 Blazer 2DR
Joined
·
26 Posts
Bosch Platinum +2 +4 +20....whatever........all suck deep-socket c*ck

I put those pieces of sh*t in my 92' 4.3 TBI Z vin and in about 3 months or so my engine started skipping like crazy:

Backfiring, shuttering at idle, hardly any acceleration, horsepower suffered severely and on top of all that, I paid 100 dollars to have my intake flushed because I thought that was the problem...I went and bought my $2.00 per plug Delcos and the truck ran like new money.

There's a reason your truck came with Delcos already installed...BECAUSE THEY WORK
The motor was designed, built, and tested with these plugs so don't put no overpriced import-oriented junk in your wonderful American-made engine

That's just my opinion though, go ahead and punch your motor in the face if you want to but I love mine too much for such trashy domestic violence like that
 

·
2004 Blazer 2DR
Joined
·
26 Posts
I sure am glad you brought that stupid insignificant detail to my wandering attention. Where would I be if you hadn't of let me in on that little secret. Don't waste your time criticizing me, I am very well aware that I was reading old posts and I was only trying to HELP.....do you know what that is??? Negative criticism is your idea of help, I suppose...

You are such a great HELPer, now go add your two petty cents elsewhere
 

·
Old but still Alive...
Joined
·
6 Posts
erikm12 said:
helped me....looking for plug info
Hmmmm.. Looks like point made. Sometimes bringing a old post to the front can help ppl. So instead of flaming in this post go help in another :p
 

·
Jack of all master of 310
Joined
·
24 Posts
Personaly I like the german bosch supers, around here the only place to get them is autozone they have some kinda deal with bosch.
 

·
"factory freak"...
Joined
·
8,601 Posts
jonboys10 said:
I sure am glad you brought that stupid insignificant detail to my wandering attention. Where would I be if you hadn't of let me in on that little secret. Don't waste your time criticizing me, I am very well aware that I was reading old posts and I was only trying to HELP.....do you know what that is??? Negative criticism is your idea of help, I suppose...

You are such a great HELPer, now go add your two petty cents elsewhere
:haha: :rolleyes: yeah, sure. so, do you always bring up 3+ year old threads to "help out"???

here`s a tip: you usually dont have to wait more than a day or so on this forum, before someone posts a new thread asking about spark plugs on here....
theres probably hundreds, possibly thousands of "what kind of spark plugs should i use?" threads on here. several in the past month....
and you picked this one.
welome newbie.:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
what's that saying... oh yah

Better to keep your mouth shut and let people think you're a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

Personally I also found this thread helpful, so this post is a uh bit older, and he posts in it, no need to be an @$$hole about it.

Crew Cab Sonoma said:
:haha: :rolleyes: yeah, sure. so, do you always bring up 3+ year old threads to "help out"???

here`s a tip: you usually dont have to wait more than a day or so on this forum, before someone posts a new thread asking about spark plugs on here....
theres probably hundreds, possibly thousands of "what kind of spark plugs should i use?" threads on here. several in the past month....
and you picked this one.
welome newbie.:D
 

·
"factory freak"...
Joined
·
8,601 Posts
Lo'tek Deviant said:
what's that saying... oh yah

Better to keep your mouth shut and let people think you're a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

Personally I also found this thread helpful, so this post is a uh bit older, and he posts in it, no need to be an @$$hole about it.
yeah. and you`ve removed all doubt from my mind.....:haha:
about the only thing you should have learned from this, is when not to drag up old ass threads....
which that fact obviously, eluded you....
especially when there are far more informative recent threads, regarding spark plugs........

and why not be an asshole about it? i`m damn good at it.....:D
 

·
Gaaoooooo
Joined
·
13,572 Posts
Crew Cab Sonoma said:
yeah. and you`ve removed all doubt from my mind.....:haha:
about the only thing you should have learned from this, is when not to drag up old ass threads....
which that fact obviously, eluded you....
especially when there are far more informative recent threads, regarding spark plugs........

and why not be an asshole about it? i`m damn good at it.....:D
F'n right, I see no information in this thread other than the obvious so digging up a 3 year old thread is not "helping"...
 

·
"factory freak"...
Joined
·
8,601 Posts
3 years later: "stop! dont put that brand of plug in your truck!
man, im sure glad i could help you out...." :rolleyes: :D
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top