S-10 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Proud to be a Cop!!!
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I know a lot of you don't like cops...but please pray for two CHP officers and their families.

Today at approximately 0300hrs, a CHP unit w/ two officers were pursuing a vehicle who failed to pull over for a traffic stop. The suspect vehicle manuvered around a Diesel Big Rig driving without it lights on. The Diesel slammed on the brakes unaware that the CHP unit was right behind it. The CHP unit rear ended the Trailer and slid up underneath the impact bar on the trailer. Both Officers were pinned in the vehicle awaiting for additional units to assist. One officer is the vehicle was extracted from the vehicle shortly after the initial accident. However the other officer was trapped inside the vehicle for almost 30minutes.
As is stands right now (at 0711hrs), both officers are in critical condition at a local hospital. Both officer's are fighting for their lives because some asshole decided they didn't want to get a ticket.

This incident occurred in Merced County California on Interstate 5 and Hwy 152 in Los Banos.

Please take the time to pray for the Officer's and their families as we all know they are dealing with a difficult time.

Please do not whore this thread as it just shows disrespect to those who protect you everyday.

·
Reseach and Devolopment
1,463 Posts
i will pray for them. keep us posted.

·
Proud to be a Cop!!!
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
UPDATE ON CONDITION OF OFFICERS...

Both officers are still in the hospital. Both are still in critical condition, but non life threatening. One has severe head trauma and will lose his left eye. The other has a couple of broken ribs, and a severe concussion, that the doctors say he will have permanant brain damage.

UPDATE ON THE ACTUAL INCIDENT...

Apparently the pursuit thing was a rumor. Sorry for the false info...just going off what the other guys and the news was saying. Now, the true story:
The Two officers were on regular patrol. Speeds are still unknown at this time. The big rig was in the fast lane approaching an exit. The driver suddenly swerved accross two lanes of traffic, directly in front of the CHP car. The Unit ended up colliding into the lower impact bar of the Trailer. As a result of the impact, the frame of the Crown Vic basicly folded in half. The Driver of the Diesel was uninjured. Investigations are still ongoing.

·
Registered
653 Posts
looking on the bright side they were in the crown victoria, they could have been in the camero and be dead, hope they are ok now

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
that is a sad story..and i really hope both of those guys are ok. I "dont like" cops...only when i get pulled over..but thats my own fault. other than that..i am glad they're here, because i know how much more good they do then bad..there a few bad cops..most of them are out doing honest good though.

I pray for those two guys, and their families..as for the trucker..maybe he should have been a bit more alert of his surroundings and *probably* been a little more awake. Nobody deserves that, that's like if my monitor exploded at work...just doing my job, and something bad happens...if anyone is reading this thread thinking that "oh those cops deserved it" because you have a major issue with cops..maybe you should think that about your job..... sorry for the long post...just stuff like this kinda gets to me

·
"Old School"
1,115 Posts
ok I'm not much for prayer (another story) but I will keep them in my thoughts and wishes ...

keep us posted ....

-Tim

·
Proud to be a Cop!!!
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)

·
Big Swole
1,904 Posts
i really feel for the officers and their families. i know how it is for something like that to happen. i have a bunch of cop buddies. it hits em hard when something like this happens. my thoughts and prayers go out to the families and officers involved. and im sure all my buddies will be praying for them tonight when i inform them of this incident.

·
Get low
38 Posts
My dad's a cop and I worry about something like this happening everyday to him so I can imagine what the family is going through. They are in my prayers and thoughts.

·
Registered
653 Posts
not to be the insensitive one here or anything, just wondering how bad the car looks, from what it sounds like is the roof was just about peeled off by the bar on the back of the trailer, maybe the CHP should consider a bigger (taller) push bar on the front of the cruisers or something to prevent this from happening again

Again hope the officers are ok

1 - 15 of 15 Posts