S-10 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have gravel guard paint on my rockers its hard as nails i need to remove it to weld my new panels in what should i use sandpaper doesn't work i can't even scratch this $hit off please help my arsm are sore and my fingers help is there some kind of acid i can buy or what please help iam desperate thanksmike

·
Registered
357 Posts
Go to home depot and buy a drill (not cordless - not enough power) and about 5 round wire brush-bits. That can tear all your paint off, tear your tires up, or remove all of your skin. It's pretty handy. Don't wear loose clothing or it will pull it off Chippendale's style.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
so i should grind it not try to use a paint acid type remover iam gonna be doing this in a few wekks and wanna get the best results i need to get down to bear metal in some tight spots thanks for the help so far get it comin thanks mike

·
Registered
357 Posts
Paint removers are nasty, messy, they burn and are for the most part worthless. If you use an angle grinder, you will leave visible grooves in the surface. If you use a wire drill brush, you get paint and nothing else, fast as hell. Trust me. I stripped my ENTIRE truck like this. Door Frames, Roof, Tailgate, you name it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.