S-10 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
harlem body kit has to go
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok my drivers side rear running lights ( the little licence plate light bulb and bulb in the taillight ) do not work at all. when i push the brake the lights work, and when i signal they work. but when just driving they do not. does anyone know how to fix this? i haven't been pulled over or anything but i dont want it to happen in the future. thanks

·
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i have a 2000 s 10 2.2 auto... i've even tried a new wiring harness that i got from a friend, with the same results. are there fuses somewhere that may have blown? if so why wouldn't the entire bulb just not work?

·
Registered
81 Posts
lol, umm I thought the rear lights didn't run unless the headlights were on (not the DRLs).
If it lights up when you brake it tells me that the bulb is good, doesn't sound like a fuse.
I've only had my S10 for a few months, I would suggesst checking all connections, but the bulb lights when you brake.
I'm at a loss, sorry.
-TheComputerGuy23

·
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no the bulb does not light only when you brake. when i turn my headlights on, the taillights ( and licence plate lights) are supposed to be on. they are not.

·
Registered Stepsider!!!!!
569 Posts
the fuses will be under the hood, you could also check the grounds on the bed? maybe? Just trying to help. The taillight/brake light bulbs are dual filament and its possible to have one portion of it to work, but I don't think that is the case.

·
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
minilows i checked the ground, even got a new wiring harness. is the running lights one of those large fuses under the hood?

·
ne plus ultra
685 Posts
hmm, if you are talking about the larger of the two bulbs in the rear, there should be 3 wires going to the bulb, the first two i assume are the power and the ground, the third has something to do with the blinking. i have some mini led's i wired into the third wire and when i turned on my lights they didn't come on so i was like wtf. but then i turned on my blinker and they started blinking. that's how i figure that third wire does that. i would say it's something to do with the power wire because it sounds like your lights are doing exactly what the leds did. well, i doubt all this will help but good luck anyway.

·
Goin' Nowhere Fast
3,340 Posts
I may be on crack...but as for the tails...umm...have you tried changing the BULB??? :D

'cuz they're dual filament...and you may have blown just one of the filaments hence why it only works when both are supposed to be on lol

I may be wrong, but it makes sense to me :D

·
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
red you dont know how many people have told me that. and yes i've changed the bulbs still doesn't work. something that simple even i would have been able to figure out. btw

just say no

1 - 10 of 10 Posts