S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered Slacker
3,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
kae recently i've been hearing the something that sounds like it's snaping in and out of place every time i turn my wheel all the way...like if im backin up or just makin a really hard turn..i hear it...i dont recall hearin it before....anyone else had that problem? btw i have a 03 Extreme pickup Std Cab 2.2. thanks guys

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Have you checked your power steering fluid? If it's low, you'll hear a grinding sound when you turn. Other than that, never heard of that problem.

·
A little at a time
76 Posts
Mine does that too..:dunno: can't figure it out and everytime I take it to the dealer it won't do it. I can't see anything wrong, and I have all my fluids. sooner or later it will tear up something.....god i love warrantys. :werd:

·
X90 Customs
9 Posts
I also have the same problem. Alot of people i talk to with xtremes have this too. I can't figure out what it is.

·
Ex Minitrucker
1,072 Posts
Yeah I have that same problem. Everytime it happens im oh shit what was that. It doesnt happen all the time though only when Im not trying to show it to someone. Ill have to take it to the dealer. Its only got 4k miles on it.

·
676 Posts
Yea mine an 03' and does the same thing. Its only the driver side front that pops when i'm like turning into a driveway or turning in an intersection.. not just when the wheels are in full lock. I taken it to the dealer 3 times and they have tightened and greased everything in the front end, and it still does it...thay can't figure it out. It sounds like the spring is popping or flexing. I think i just need to bag the front, that should solve it.:D

·
Registered
111 Posts
I had the exact problem with mine. i have an 03 extended can X with like 2500 miles. I took it to the dealer and they ordered a part and replaced it and it doesnt do it anymore.

·
Registered
718 Posts
the dealer greased my frontend really good and it fixed mine:)

·
Registered
73 Posts
mine is a '99 and mine does it every time i turn hard to the left but it doesn't to be at the stop to do it. i can't figure it out, not that i have tried hard.

·
Teh S10Forum Hawk
14,000 Posts
what the hell? i dont think i've heard that sound before. :dunno: mines a 99 too..... hmmm. i'll have to listen more carefully...

what kind of sound is it.?

alllllllllll of you guys have this problem?

·
Registered
129 Posts
mine does it all the time epecially if i hit a bump while turning, and its not like u gotta listen for it, trust me u can hear it with the radio on...very annoying... ive had everything greased till it cant be greased no more!!! w/e i dont even bother with it anymore, although its funny when i have a friend in the truck and it happens they gimme the WTF was that look...

·
676 Posts
lilorgy said:
mine does it all the time epecially if i hit a bump while turning, and its not like u gotta listen for it, trust me u can hear it with the radio on...very annoying... ive had everything greased till it cant be greased no more!!! w/e i dont even bother with it anymore, although its funny when i have a friend in the truck and it happens they gimme the WTF was that look...
:werd: mine is the same way...i've gotton used to the sound now, it doesn't really bother me anymore. But it still is annoying having it there.

·
Teh S10Forum Hawk
14,000 Posts
damn guys wtf i don't think i've ever heard it before..... when does it happen? on full turns, or left turns, right turns, maybe i'm just used to it and don't even know it's there... weird... :dunno:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts