S-10 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright. originally i thought my fuel pump had gone out, because of how it finally ceased, so i bought a new fuel pump ($300.00)...after i installed it, and it still wouldn't work, i thought possibly that i had a faulty fuel pump out of the box, which i heard isn't uncommon at all for Chevy fuel pumps for some reason.

so what i did was take a wire and run it straight from the top of the fuel pump (with my bed off), to the battery. it worked...

i would rather not do a custom wiring job, mainly because i don't want to bypass anything that goes along with the fuel pump. all of my fuses and relays work, and i have ground. oh, and i have probably close to 6 gallons of gas in the tank.

i did some research and discovered that if the "oil pressure sending unit" is bad, then it will stop the fuel pump from working. so, this is the only thing i know what to do is to replace this. does anyone know where its at, and how hard of a task this is going to be? the oil pressure sending unit is the main thing that is keeping me from doing the custom wiring job, because it stopping power to the fuel pump is a safety feature, (right?), and i would hate to bypass that completely and possibly lead to further problems.

also, if you have anymore ideas as far as what it could be, please let me know!

thank you in advanced

·
Grounded 4 Life
2,158 Posts
if the bed was off the whole time make sure that the grounds back by the tailight harnesses are still hooked up. I forgot to hook them up when i was first baggin my truck and the fuel pump wont kick on if those are disconnected

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
if the bed was off the whole time make sure that the grounds back by the tailight harnesses are still hooked up. I forgot to hook them up when i was first baggin my truck and the fuel pump wont kick on if those are disconnected
yeah, the grounds are both connected.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts