S-10 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any way that I can seal up a crack in a radiator? I just noticed that I have a 2" crack on the front of my radiator, but have to drive across the state at the end of the week.

Is there anything I can seal it up temporarily with? any form of epoxy or anything?

Thanks!

·
Banned
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, its right on the front of the passenger side. No seams there what-so-ever. It isnt an aluminum radiator either, some type pf plastic-like composite. Sheit.

·
PRAISE THE LOWERED
1,181 Posts
use bars leaks that was i used my mine dads truck and it sealed it right up
after the engine went in my 99 2.2 i pulled the head off and a few of my water jackets were 90-100% clogged. im thinking someone at some point used that "bars" in there..after seeing this i would personally never use that stuff.

but i suppose i can not be 100% sure thats what it was from....

·
BLACK DEATH
1,003 Posts
bars leak from my experience's and a few friends is not all that great and clogs things up. I find the stuff that comes in a little cardboard tube like the prestone stuff or plastic tube like the gunk brand stuff works better. There use to be one stop leak out there that when you looked at the bottle it looked like it was 2/3 water and 1/3 copper shavings, that stuff would fill up any leak you could find no matter what leak it was but I haven't seen that stuff around in a few years

1 - 12 of 12 Posts