S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ok im getting so ticked off with this!
i am really having a hard time making a decision on what to do.

i want a stepshaver. i want to weld my tailgate closed (for the smooth look). I want a skin combo. If i mold my rollpan to the shaver, it is going to crack. what the hell can i do to get the molded/smooth back end look on my stepside extreme? Give me any suggestions!!! thanks :cry: :cry: :cry:

·
Registered
261 Posts
u should have gotten a fleetside

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
okay... so.

if i get the ECC step shavers my back end would look like this

now i want to weld it all shut and make it smooth.

if i were to put a tailgate skin combo over top how much would you be able to see the over laY when it's attached to the step shavers?

also would it crack ? because i'd have to weld the the skin on... and i hear its impossible to weld or attach metal to plastic without it cracking.

would i be better off just putting the step shavers on and not the roll pan and just using the the tailgate skin combo? would it make it easier cause i want the skin with the LEDs.

anyhelp would be GREATLY appreciate.d

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok whats the deal?! i need help with this, and no body's willing to give me an answer... ????.....

(bump)

·
Hell Bound
262 Posts
maybe u should just get metal shavers and metal roll pan......?

·
Registered Stepsider!!!!!
569 Posts
Get the ECC stepshaver kit, just use the side pieces then get a california combo to put in the tailgate/bumper place, You can get them from Sir michaels, Alter Images(Are they still in business?) FBI(maybe?) Hope this helps you out.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
oh man! thanks so much for replying!!!!!!!!!! i'm going crazy here.

ok so thats what i'll do then.

but will it crack when i try to weld the skin to the stepshavers? because of the metal and plastic?

·
I'm on a boat!
1,522 Posts
02-S10-X said:

but will it crack when i try to weld the skin to the stepshavers? because of the metal and plastic?
Silly man, you can't weld plastic to metal. Just fiberglass it. And some bondo too. Have some body shop that will guarentee their work do it if you can afford it.

·
Registered
83 Posts
99blkx said:
Silly man, you can't weld plastic to metal. Just fiberglass it. And some bondo too. Have some body shop that will guarentee their work do it if you can afford it.
that is what I would do too....it will be cheaper this way too

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
dont street scene make a metal step shaver kit? im not to for sure.. but yeah you can buya cali combo and weld that in place. then mount the step shaver side pieces.then just use some kitty hair and mold it all togather

·
Never Finished
1,599 Posts
Street scene doesn't make an xtreme stepshaver like ECC does

1 - 20 of 21 Posts