S-10 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
**** YOU
18,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
maybe a dumb question but when people plate there frame are they running like 1/4" or 3/8" plate all the way down the part of the frame rail that lays on the ground? or putting like 4-5" etc plates on the bottom of the frame in places? just curious.. i put some like 6" pieces of 1/4" plate on the front n rear part of the frame rail that lays out.. can you buy long strips of like 3/8" plate thats like 2" wide?

·
Hola Bitches
4,858 Posts
you mean plating just the bottom ...im lost? ..you mean plating/boxing in the frame right?

·
Registered
12,215 Posts
Myst said:
you mean plating just the bottom ...im lost? ..you mean plating/boxing in the frame right?
No he means plating the bottom of the frame, to drag. So you don't drag through the frame its self..

I do not know what people usually do tho..

·
**** YOU
18,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah just the bottom.. in already drug through enough so pretty much the whole bottom of frame is almost seperated from the sides.. so i had to plate it to keep it together but now i want to plate the whole frame.. i dont like seeing space under the truck when layed out with spacers in certain spots:haha:

·
Hola Bitches
4,858 Posts
lol but your faking it ...your extending the frame to lay frame?>

lol

·
Hola Bitches
4,858 Posts
Wicked Mayhem said:
it will lay flat frame non plated so its not like im plating it to make it lay.. im plating it to keep it together:haha:
SURRRRRRRRRRRE :p ...

yea I understand what you mean by beefing it up and making it so you dont drag through even more ...def...

·
Hola Bitches
4,858 Posts
PHOTOSHOP!!!!..

lol...yea I hear ya ...plate that thing

·
Hola Bitches
4,858 Posts
that sucks...how are you doing it ...cutting the bottom plate than welding your own ..?

·
ROD TWISTIN MEMBER
3,808 Posts
Wicked Mayhem said:
can you buy long strips of like 3/8" plate thats like 2" wide?
yep sure can go to the welding supply and ask for flat bar :tup:

how much you need???? you can get it for around 1.50 a ft

·
**** YOU
18,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
dropped94 said:
yep sure can go to the welding supply and ask for flat bar :tup:

how much you need???? you can get it for around 1.50 a ft

however much it takes to do from my radius arm crossmember to where my frame starts curviing up:haha: ill have to measure tomorrow.. maybe i can pick some up when i get my nitgoren bottle refilled....

·
Hola Bitches
4,858 Posts
they sell metal over at the welding supply stores ...hmm I should of asked today...I ahd to replace my gas

1 - 20 of 28 Posts