S-10 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
I have a Civic now
3,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, i got some 4inch DJM angled blocks from Summit and 98SSONNOS told me that i needed the plate kit that goes on the top of the blocks? top correct? anyway so the tech support guy from DJM said that i could make some easy from some thich metal, so i got scrap piece today for free that looks to be perfect when i cut it in half, question is how much does the plate kit overhang the blocks?? Right now if i cut it i'll have a little more than 1/2 inch overlap on each side, is this ok?? Thanks for any info.

Nathan:thumbup:

·
I have a Civic now
3,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here they are

Got the answer and got them cut up, hopefully i'll get them in this weekend, supposed to be in the 50's woohoo!:D

Here's a pic, used a damn hack saw to cut the crap with, i think it was 3/32 thick.

Nathan

Attachments

·
Registered
271 Posts
damn those are BIG blocks

i dont really know what the plates are supposed to look like, but i just wanted to comment on how big those blockes are. are you notched out back Nate??? cant imagine being at 7" out back without a notch, its really bad as it is with 6" for me.

·
A Constant Work in Progress
1,088 Posts
damn those are some big blocks.....01ZQ8......i put 3" on mine bout two weeks ago and haven't had any problems at all

·
I have a Civic now
3,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Plates

I guess on the 98+ they made the axle or spring perches smaller than the previous years, and they sorta sit inside the hollow part of the block and can cause it to crack, so i made the plates instead of buying them, the picture i think makes the blocks look taller than they really are. :drinkhaha

Nathan

·
I have a Civic now
3,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Look at this crap!

This is why that plate kit is needed, oh yea, i thought i had 3inch blocks in the back but when i took these out they were only 2inches, so now i have a 7inch drop in the back, rides like ass and i need a c-notch here in a week or two!:drinkhaha

Nathan

Check these out!

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts