S-10 Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys and gals, I just purchased a jl audio stealth box off ebay (paid 26.00 bucks for it :) )and I'm trying to think of different areas to put my amps. I just don't want to put them on the back wall. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Also if possible could you add pics? It would be really helpful. Again thanks.

·
Registered
1,854 Posts

I did mine on the back wall. In order to avoid screw holes through the back wall I epoxied a chunk of plywood to the back wall and the carpet hides it.

·
Registered
804 Posts
extended cabs can be tricky because there isn't really a stealth way to mount an amp (depending on the size of amp of course).

typically people mount them on the back cab wall (just dont drill right into the back cab wall or you'll have screws sticking out between the cab and bed)... I would make an amp rack out of wood that sits against the back cab wall and gives you something to screw to, if the amp is small enough I've seen under the seat or behind the jump seat (you just won't be able to flip the jump seat up fully anymore) or like some of the suggestions above, remove the jump seat and make an amp rack out of it.

Another thing I can suggest especially because you have a JL stealth box (for a steal i should add) is stick with a JL amp. Their new lineup of XD and HD amps are rediculously small and very efficient.

XD is great, HD is better. HD has regulated power supply, thermal rollback protection, makes it rated power no matter what the resistance between 1.5 - 4ohms, has single cycle control that self corrects the signal 400,000 times per second, makes 80% of it's power output at half gain so it won't be working overtime to make power which means it won't get hot, which means it doesn't need a fan or huge heat sink.

Hope this helps,

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks 1gmc2nv I will think about your advice. As for the stealthbox, I just bought the enclosure, not the subs. I'm going to install a pair of re audio subs in them next week. I was going to use a ma audio hk-401sx amp but that might be a bit of overkill for the subs.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi guys and gals, I just purchased a jl audio stealth box off ebay (paid 26.00 bucks for it :) )and I'm trying to think of different areas to put my amps. I just don't want to put them on the back wall. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Also if possible could you add pics? It would be really helpful. Again thanks.

·
B4U Task Force Admin
24,645 Posts
Holy old thread Batman...it's 8 years old...let it rest in peace...ie...don't bump old threads...lol

·
B4U Task Force Admin
24,645 Posts
Here's my amps I'm thinking of doing the back wall thing to mount them.
Two things.
1. If you're going to post pics...make them full size.
2. Apparently you didn't see/read the thread directly above yours.
3. Do not bump old dead threads. Guidelines can be found in the Forum Rules located in the New Members section.

Closed.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.