S-10 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Gone but not forgotten
5,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When you cut the uppers.. do you want it too bend up .. or bend down. I was thinking down, and take out shims to keep the ball joint angle straighter.. but hell. now that i think about it im not entirely sure thats right. Just lookin for a sure answer from one of ya.

Thanks yo

·
Registered
14,881 Posts
i dont believe so... I couldnt tell ya how many it had from the factory its been a good 4 years since the thing sat that high. :haha: i had it aligned at a 5/5 drop so there were less shims in then allready.

·
Gone but not forgotten
5,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
98layinframe said:
i dont believe so... I couldnt tell ya how many it had from the factory its been a good 4 years since the thing sat that high. :haha: i had it aligned at a 5/5 drop so there were less shims in then allready.
Ok.. ill pull 1 and roll it until i take it to get aligned. I had mine done at a 4/4 drop so it was probly close? lol.

·
Registered
14,881 Posts
you wouldnt even need to pull any out if thats all your changing is the upper joint angle. The camber maybe a little off but thats about it. The toe is what kills tires real fast... i drove my truck about 60 miles before i was able to get it realigned, and didnt have any problems at all.

Just look at the wheels when your done and its sitting back on the ground again. If the one wheel looks like its turning left and the other is turning right... then your gona have problems. If they only lean in a little, you will be fine to drive it without removing any shims.

·
Gone but not forgotten
5,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
98layinframe said:
you wouldnt even need to pull any out if thats all your changing is the upper joint angle. The camber maybe a little off but thats about it. The toe is what kills tires real fast... i drove my truck about 60 miles before i was able to get it realigned, and didnt have any problems at all.

Just look at the wheels when your done and its sitting back on the ground again. If the one wheel looks like its turning left and the other is turning right... then your gona have problems. If they only lean in a little, you will be fine to drive it without removing any shims.
ya.. makes sense. The toe should be dead nuts cuz im not changing the spindle or the tie rod positions any. Just hookin em back up. Thanks for the help though bud.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts