S-10 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Camaro Owner, S10 Lover.
148 Posts
Wow, I like my LS1 too. Pretty impressive Install and fast time. My LS1 is linked with Incon,.. gotta love Twin Turbo Trans Am's! LOL.

·
Z06 S10
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah, the motor is stock but I put in a 3200 stall converter...it was running 8.25 all stock.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Damn..

I have a friend with a '01 SS that runs 7.70s with a SY3500 Stall as well. Except he has headers,exhaust,cold-air,pullies etc.

Must be nice to have a quiet ride, yet smack down unsuspecting and even suspecting people.

If I ever sell my LS1, I will probably go the S10/383 route, but the LS1 motor is just too expensive for me, as well as the parts..

Do you plan on doing any other modding to it? I'd like to see the times with ported heads and larger cam, with full exhaust! I wouldn't be surprised to see some low-mid 6s, judging by those who run a little slow than that in a 3600lb car. Anyhow, nice ride..good luck!

·
Z06 S10
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'll probably put a 100 wet shot of nitrous to it this spring...maybe I can squeeze a 6.90 out of it......not bad for a daily driver with all accs.

·
Registered
62 Posts
ok what am i looking at for a price to do all of this so i know i have been looking into doing this for quite some time now

·
Camaro Owner, S10 Lover.
148 Posts
How much did you buy the motor for? And for 4 grand from start to finish you must have got a great deal on that motor.

John

1 - 11 of 11 Posts