S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well first start with a thin grinding disk. dont get it thick. thinner is better in this case ;) use saftey glasses also a hooded jacket because the sparks hits your hair/neck and stings. this way your eyes are fine and a hooded jacket protects most of your neck

tony

Attachments

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
in this pic you can see that the welds dont go all teh way threw. when you finish the front just cut one edge on the left. you will have to turn the die grinder to the side watch out for the sparks. when you cut the side you can stick in a flat head screwdriver or a pry bar to get some more space

Attachments

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
now here what it looks like from underneath. most of the times i just get liquid nails and some rubber and glue them together and put them on the bottom of the frame. this truck i did today was a 01 zq8 wiith a 2 3 drop and back was very bad but now it rides smooth. so try it out and you'll be happy.

Attachments

·
Registered
271 Posts
that is exactly what my dad did

when he cut mine off this past weekend, the steps are almost exact, and mine look the same. but my dad wasnt wearing long pants and a sweater, so he ended up with many metal splinters in his legs and hands. which i feel bad about because he was doing me a favor, while i was at work.

·
Treadwear Waste'n Member
133 Posts
DAMMMM!!!

Since when did they let the Uni-bomber lower S-10's??? Must be some kinda work release program???:bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :uhoh: :p lol J/K

I guess I should get under there and whack them sumbiches off while the beds loose... even though suspension hasn't showed up yet:cool: :D

·
0 Posts
I was hoping you would show us how to do the thing with the rubber strips and liquid nails. Anyway, thanks for the info, i needed that.

Unibomber, LOL.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts