S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
BodyDropped Member
3,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought it, to make things easier, and the way it is supposed to be installed does NOT look like it'll work well with my BLF lower control arms, the angles are so different its ridiculous, the shock would be so teaked, it'd probably snap right in half. If you could post pictures that'd be fabulous, I just want to see how others' look.... thanks:rant:

·
Registered
489 Posts
alright thanks for the pic, I can't wait to get shocks on it, looks like that thing only takes 3 or 4 bolts.

Once you have front shocks couldn't you take the sway bar off and still get a good ride? So you could hit better sides?

thanks tikals10

·
Ls1 Bagged
1,186 Posts
when i first got mine done i road with out the sway bar, it was fun a while to hit the sides and all but once you made a turn that bitch would lean like crazy

·
So what if i drag my ass
1,087 Posts
alright thanks for the pic, I can't wait to get shocks on it, looks like that thing only takes 3 or 4 bolts.

Once you have front shocks couldn't you take the sway bar off and still get a good ride? So you could hit better sides?

thanks tikals10
ya you can if ya want, I made my own shock tabs and then you just have to drill the lower LCA and get the spacer from SD and put a grade 8 bolt in it.

·
Resident Wetback
11,267 Posts
what spacers? If I buy this bracket from sd wont it come with all the hardware, everything but shocks basically?
I got mine from SD, and they came with no hardware.

·
Resident Wetback
11,267 Posts
Is anybody running these shock relocators with sd lower arms? If so, what shocks are you using?
i'm going to be installing them tonight or tomorrow...i'll let you know what i end up using.

its probably going to be hardbody shocks tho.

·
So what if i drag my ass
1,087 Posts
I ran nissan hardbody shocks on mine and worked great. i will see about if i have any pics of mine on the stock LCA

·
Registered
316 Posts
I ran nissan hardbody shocks on mine and worked great. i will see about if i have any pics of mine on the stock LCA

Not me. I bought at set of 94 hardbody d21 shocks for my set up and i got no lift. My tire barely cleared the fender at full lift. Plus I had to drill out the metal sleeve that goes in the lower shock mount in order to fit the sd lower arms.

·
So what if i drag my ass
1,087 Posts
Not me. I bought at set of 94 hardbody d21 shocks for my set up and i got no lift. My tire barely cleared the fender at full lift. Plus I had to drill out the metal sleeve that goes in the lower shock mount in order to fit the sd lower arms.
dang.. well i also had stock rims and i had stock LCA's as well so that could make a change lol

·
Registered
316 Posts
dang.. well i also had stock rims and i had stock LCA's as well so that could make a change lol
That's why it works for you. You have the stock LCA where the shock mount is much higher than the sd LCA. I also used the stock rim and tire when i tried my shocks, but it doesn't work. I'm hoping someone here can give me an idea of what shocks to use. I was told the 85 4runner shocks work well because they have alot of travel, but the problem is that just like the hardbody shocks, there is a metal sleeve on the lower mount that I would have to drill out in order to fit the bolt for my sd LCA. My concern is that doing this will cause bump steer. I also heard that the 93 ford ranger shocks are good because they bolt right up, but I think I won't have as much lift as I do without the shocks. I even talked to sd and they told me that most people that use the RE7's with sd arms don't run shocks. I personally am not a fan of not running shocks. Shocks are there for a reasosn, so therefore use them.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts