S-10 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m getting ready to remove the AC from my 98. Could somebody post a picture of what the firewall looks like on a non AC truck for me please? Not sure what parts do you look for at the junkyard. Thanks

·
time to get cereal
5,818 Posts
What is in the third picture. Is it a block off plate under the dash?
The fourth picture is of a recirculation door block off plate next to a recirculation door. Third picture is the 98+ heater only controls.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
remove the AC from my 98.
To remove the AC there is nothing needed from the parts yard. That being said, what is your end goal? no heat, no ac? or just trying to free up some wieght off the front of the truck, or another reason?
i ask, becuase if youre going for no heat/ac, there is nothing you need, just start unbolting stuff until its gone

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the pictures MBP.
Currently working on a 53 swap, for autocross and track days. Would like to keep heat but not AC. I would also like to clean up the firewall. I’m keeping the truck street legal but I won’t drive it much, it rides on a trailer to the track. Tow vehicle has all the creature comfort‘s.

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
I've got an entire setup including the shorter blower motor. I ask $250+shipping on eBay, but take 10% off for lack of fees if you want to deal with me directly.

Motor vehicle Automotive design Gas Machine Auto part

1 - 7 of 7 Posts