S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
cool deal, whats that charge pipe made of, aluminum piping bent by a muffler shop or something?

Caleb

·
Pressurized 2.2 Member
3,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
stainless bent by the exhaust shop. I think if I paint it black itll almost look like a GM part. What ya think shoud I?

·
slowly fast
2,001 Posts
I wouldn't paint it.You should shine it up w/ a polishing kit.Does the turbo make your engine run any hotter?I would be afraid of the fan melting w/ the turbo and exhaust discharge so close.Looks real good man!

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
pretty sure its homemade as the only kit made was junk and the other is in development.

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
hes using parts off the "junk" kit and made improvements himself....I think if it was painted black, it'd look damn near OEM.

Caleb

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
LOL, ceramic coated black I presume.....heat retention and all.

caleb

·
Registered
122 Posts
how much did that run you man i want it.

any info on part is much appreciated my bro said he can install it but im interested cause yours looks good

·
Pressurized 2.2 Member
3,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
No idea how much it cost me all together. Im still improving the kit every day and On sunday it somes off to go in a box to be shipped away from me. Even after its off its all gettting coated and wrapped and all the pipes will be sanded painted and also heat wrapped. Just becuase Im getting rid of it doesnt mean I dont care anymore. I hope the new owner spends time on it like I did. And I hope they appreciate all the extra work Im still gonna be putting in it.

·
UAH By-product
1,092 Posts
I commend your work 100%. Either way you color it, polishing or painting it like Caleb said, You can't go wrong. Both would look good. If it were me, I'd paint it black (I want no chrome on my truck.... the more black the merrier).

Freakin sweet dude. Im jealous.

Brad

·
Pressurized 2.2 Member
3,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks. The Idea I had was to make it look like chevy put it there so no chrome for me. Ill most likely hit it with a spray bomb after I remove the whole kit. Hate to see it go but its big brother a T4 is waiting in the garage with a bigger motor. Ah hope the new guy will be happy with my craftmanship

1 - 20 of 21 Posts