S-10 Forum banner

Pics of what ya drag with

1K views 20 replies 9 participants last post by  IntenseMtrsprts7 
#1 ·
There are threads here and there but I wanna see anything and everything that you maybe be using to drag. I want some good ideas so maybe I can fab something up. So far I've used some ti blocks mounted on my spring perch and today I tried the hitch ball idea where its mounted in the big hole on the spring perch.... it worked out ok. Once the balls hit the ground the bent towards the back a tad. I know someone must have created something cool besides just blocks/ hitch balls or plain frame. So lets see pics please of what you drag with!!!!!!!!!!

#2 ·
meh, i either drag frame itself or put the hitchball upside down on the rear bumper, but the bumper is gone in about 2 weeks. So it's blocks for me till I move the gas tank

#3 ·
I welded a 2x4" 1/2" thick plate on my skid plate, lasted me a good 2-3 weeks of dragging, now its like 1/8" thick.... I also accidently drag rollpan, which really sucks...

#5 ·
yeah, I also heard magnesium makes some bad ass sparks, only problem is that it reacts to water, lol so if you drag through a puddle expect fire....

#8 ·
I tried to make those leaf spring things but I didnt have a welder at the time and I tried to make them by bolting thme together needless to say drilling through leaf springs sucks...

Btw where it drug on my roll pan corner was before I body dropped it, and if I could get some under side pictures you can see where the roll pan itself drug... Thats when I had no air in the air shocks and raised the front all the way...

#12 ·
Ok, keep the pics coming. Also, I'm unclear on how to bolt/rig up my old leaf springs to the frame.

#14 ·
I would cut like a 4" piece of leaf spring, then a 2" piece and weld them together. Then I would bolt the end with just one piece on it right on the hanger where everyone puts tow balls. I also drilled another hole so it had 2 bolts on it.

#17 ·
Wha? Ya I know all that, thats what I was sayin. But if you drag a piece of unlit magnesium thru a puddle of water, nothing is going to happen. This isnt the first time Ive seen people get magnesium and sodium mixed up so I was settin them straight.

#18 ·
AVTekk said:
Wha? Ya I know all that, thats what I was sayin. But if you drag a piece of unlit magnesium thru a puddle of water, nothing is going to happen. This isnt the first time Ive seen people get magnesium and sodium mixed up so I was settin them straight.
K, just makin sure.

/me puts up the chemistry book

#20 ·
IntenseMtrsprts7 said:
I would cut like a 4" piece of leaf spring, then a 2" piece and weld them together. Then I would bolt the end with just one piece on it right on the hanger where everyone puts tow balls. I also drilled another hole so it had 2 bolts on it.
have any pics of it?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.