S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
The Tool All The Pro's Use!!
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my ride as of Saturday the 11th. Getting on an entrance ramp w/ a curve in it. Lost control at the end of the curve where the ramp and a bridge meet. The joint in the road there hopped my rear and with the rain slicked road my rear end decided it wanted to go somewhere else. Speed limit of the ramp was 35 in wet/icy conditions, I was going between 30-40, almost got control before hydroplaning on another puddle. Once I hit that puddle it slung me straight into a gaurd rail at 30 or less, spun me 180, smacked the bed, and then stalled me out side ways in the entrance ramp.

Attachments

·
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bed damage

Attachments

·
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh by the way that's $5k worth of damage, 3/4's being repainted...all but the driver door and bedside and any scratch in the clear coat is going to be buffed out. Oh and the shop it's at says it'll be done next friday hopefully, on the 24th, got the parts ordered today. Not bad for $250...lol

·
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah thankfully me and my friend are both alright, air bags didn't deploy and on top of that I was the one walking away w/ the sprains, my friend was completely fine no pain or anything. I'm just happy no other cars were involved considering the *******s that came by after wards.

·
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
few more

Attachments

·
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Attachments

·
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah I told the guy I'm having trouble believing that...I'll agree to the 1st of June...but the 24th?

·
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Attachments

·
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Last one

Attachments

·
A Constant Work in Progress
1,088 Posts
been there and done that with the '95 camaro i used to have...tryin to get off the interstate and some ass cut in front of me so i had to switch lanes real qwik......hydroplaned and went sideways across the lanes and hit a sign.....the focker stopped an was like "i'm gonna go call the cops" and never came back......had witnesses so insurance paid for it ....but it's never a good story....glad to hear ya'll were ok....late

·
Trick MotorSports!
1,253 Posts
AHHHHHHH!!! dude that sucks!

but, I've seen worse!

my old truck...

·
2 Da Xtreme
360 Posts
::::::::::::: Glad you are Ok.......!::::::::::::

:: The other nite I was headed to work
and i went down a on Ramp and the next thing i know is that i am sideways............like atleast 3 times.........ended up facing
the wrong direction........! Luckly i didnt hit the little reflector poles
...............!
Not a scratch on my truck form the encounter.....!
Dayum Luch box was in the seat next to me before this started it landed in the floor and atleast 2 times was against my leggs and then against the passenger door..................! Whew
what a wild ride.............!

·
Registered
81 Posts
sorry to hear about your truck man. is it just me, or has this been a bad month for a lot of us. anyway, i'm glad to here you and your friend are ok. hope your truck is up and going soon.

cyberfoe

·
Project ZO6 S-10
588 Posts
that sucks man, hopefully you get it back soon. I am still waiting to get mine back and they guy said it was going to be at least one more week today.

ATTN moderators: you should start a new topic for ACCIDENTS since there have been so many recently.

·
Resident *******
11,267 Posts
INDIGO the same thing happened to me two weeks ago. i hydroplaned on an off ramp went sideways and into a bridge. i messed up my whole front end and the driver's side fender. all the parts are at the shop and getting painted tomorrow. the only thing i have to find now are the headlights off a 97 blazer.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts