S-10 Forum banner

Pics of my dropped Blazer X

2K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  clean n low 
#1 ·
#3 ·
I like the drop, how was the 2/3 drop done. I'm looking into doing a drop my self. :cool:

02 white extreme 4.3L Blazer.

I just add wheels (HALO) with PERELLI SCORPIONS 255/45-18 and BOSTON ACOUSTICS speakers 6 1/2 in the front doors and PIONEER Premier 6x9's in the back. I left the stock speaker in the dash they sounded OK. As my ear gets bigger so will the sound.

I'm also working on muffler. HEY does some know if a FLOW-PRO will work on a 4.3L. I have one on my YUKON that has a 4.8L V8 and it sounds nice and loud.

Will post pic's soon!!!!!!

#4 ·
Thanks guys, I did the drop with 3" springs up front and 3" blocks in the back. The springs actually dropped it 2" instead of just 1. I already did a filter, I got a K&N cone and removed MAF screen, I'm getting exhaust as soon as I get my next paycheck. Rims unfortunately may be in the distant future, being a college student it's tough to come up with money. I'm still undecided about a hypertech, won't do much for a manual except get rid of speed limiter and that's not a lot of gain for $350. Thanks again guys for the compliments

#6 ·
Where did you get the three inch springs from and how much did they set you back. Got a buddy that looking to down his BlazerX and wanted some information on it? Did your ride get affected at all? Also if those are regular three inch Blazer drop springs or not.

Thanks!

#7 ·
No, K&N install was very easy, just remove stock airbox and attach filter to MAF.

I got the three inch springs from summit, part number was BEL-4228 I think. They were $99 plus shipping. Ride was affected, it turns much smoother now but the back is a little rough but that's b/c I haven't gotten a chance to cut off the bumpstops yet, the front rides completely normal!

I know I need rims but as of 2/21 I wrecked my Blazer:bash: , did $4000 worht of damage to her :cry: I might loose my license so plans are kinda on hold. If I don't lose my license I'm going to do exhaust in a week or so, glasspack to a side exit but I need to find some nice looking tips, any ideas? If you guys have mroe questions about the drop feel free to e-mail me!

#8 ·
damn man you wrecked your **** thats harsh sorry to hear of an injured blazer and your bad luck, losing your liscence sucks bad but if you look at it on the bright side youre going to save money on driving it and every day that youre stuck at home you'll go out side and say "what can i do to this before it comes back out on the road" and by the time it comes back out it'll be tight as **** from sitting and collecting aftermarket parts in your driveway.

#9 ·
Well everything worked out and I didn't loose my license. Only thing is the Chevy dealership I took it to to be repaired put the wrong grill on. The put on the chrome striped one instead of a body color matched one. In actuality I think I'm going to keep it that way. The all blue in the front was kinda bland for me. I guess you could say I have a hybrid Blazer X now. But while I was home I did have my glasspack with a turndown put on and I love it. Excellent low end growl and nice, slight gurgle. Now I just need to save for rims!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.