S-10 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
6,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
You are looking the cab of my 1954 Chevrolet 3100 pickup. Currently it is dissambled and sits in a dozen or more pieces, the front clip is about 6 or 7.

The truck will be swapped to an s-10 frame and will be fitted with a big block chevy and 700r4.

More info to come!

·
Banned
6,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Here's the Vin, yeah, i know the hp is kinda low, but that's the stock motor - hell, it will pull your truck from most anywhere.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Looking good, Anthony.. Are you gonna keep it in the weeds, or try to get a semi-stock looking ride height out of it?

I just got my inner fenders mounted. There is NO way you'd be able to use them with a big block!:uhoh: It's fairly tight just with the 4.3, I'm still not sure where I'm gonna mount all that other unimportant stuff.. Overflow tank, wiper fluid, remote oil filter, BATTERY! I'm really considering building some new inner fenders. If only I had access to a metal brake, I'd have done it already.

My rad and all the glass should be back from the shop Tuesday, gonna be a busy week!

Rob

P.S. You've got the Cadillac engine in that baby! Mine was only rated at 85 HP!!!

Attachments

·
Banned
6,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm gonna keep it in the weeds... :D

Still looking for everything. I mayve a lead on an S-10 though.

Hopefully will know this week.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Cool! Let me know what you wind up getting.. I have a few things I wish I had done, depending on what you wind up with - long box, X-cab, etc.

·
Registered
15 Posts

Hey Southern, I found a sweet 54, no dents, all the chrome, no rust, 36,055 actual miles, all the numbers match, an old man didnt know what he had. I bought it for $500.00 and it runs fine, no smoke. All that it needs is the am radio and a paint job. I was wondering if you might know of any websites just for the 54, I need a radio for this thing.

·
Deadbeat
1,331 Posts
ever seen the show junk yard wars?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hey Anthony,

Haven't talked to you in a while, how's your '54 coming along?

·
want my #... 911 beotch!!
2,186 Posts
damn, thats gonna be nice! my grandfather has two trucks i would kill for as project trucks, a 1949 Chevy 1/2 ton and a 1934 Dodge pickup. I WANT THEM SO BAD!!!!! and as for the dodge, can we say BLOWN HEMI?????

1 - 17 of 17 Posts