S-10 Forum banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Dime Dreamer
202 Posts
I was just wondering how a short throw shifter could benefit any since the shift duration depends on clutch release from your leg? Could someone explain it to me?

·
Gaaoooooo
13,572 Posts
JPowell said:
I was just wondering how a short throw shifter could benefit any since the shift duration depends on clutch release from your leg? Could someone explain it to me?
Less likely to miss a shift as well as the gears being that much closer, so while the release of the clutch does decide how fast of a gear change you make, if you can have the transmission in gear sooner (short throw vs. long throw stock), then you can effectively quicken shifts.

·
278 Posts
ive had the b+m for over a year now and i think its good. it does have a much tighter feel than the stock shifer and the gears are much closer, both front to back and side to side. sometimes after having driving the car for a few days, ill get in the truck to go for a drive and notice that i keep going from 2nd to 5th lol cause they are closer together. i dont race or anything, just normal driving and it seems good, well as good as these NV transmissions can be anyway, thats another story

·
black culture thief?!
1,702 Posts
What is the difference between the 94s and the 95s? I have a 95 and I want to get a B&M, but that would really suck if it hit the dash.

·
Registered
34 Posts
truckramrod said:
What is the difference between the 94s and the 95s? I have a 95 and I want to get a B&M, but that would really suck if it hit the dash.
Yea i wanna know the answer to that cause i went to the local speed shop and they couldn't find a B&M for yrs 95-97 and that angers me, cause i dont think hurst worth the 200$ + price they were asking

·
Draggin' Daily
1,111 Posts
1. yes it comes with the knob (I got mine from jegs) it is the coolest looking knob ive seen
2. I think the 94 and 95 are the same shifter I think they change in 98
3. Love my B&M so much when i thought of selling my truck for a tacoma the first thing I did was look to see if B&M has a short throw for them.
4. Shortens throw so much when you first get it it feels like you just click into gear it barely moves
5. Buy it!

·
Registered
12 Posts
bringing an old thread back from the dead , So I have a 97 2.2 will the B&M work , cuz looking through this its like yes no yes no yes no does anyone have 97 with one on it let me know please.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
bringing an old thread back from the dead , So I have a 97 2.2 will the B&M work , cuz looking through this its like yes no yes no yes no does anyone have 97 with one on it let me know please.
it will work for a 97, BUT it appears they no longer make a B&M short throw for our s10's. i think hurst still makes a short throw tho

Brandon

41 - 50 of 50 Posts