S-10 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Autocross'n Member
363 Posts
I just got mine from Jegs last week,it was 170 something after shipping.

·
Road Race/Auto X S10
3,828 Posts
What year us your truck? I've heard scary things about hte shifter hitting the dash.

·
Autocross'n Member
363 Posts
96s10 said:
What year us your truck? I've heard scary things about hte shifter hitting the dash.
If you mean me,then my truck is a 98.I haven't installed it yet because my truck is put away till spring.I hope I don't have any problems with installation,by then it might be too late to send back.

·
Registered
470 Posts
I wonder which has a shorter throw....B&M or Hurst...:shrug:

·
Registered Abuser
2,375 Posts
Is the shaft on the B&M the same size in diameter as the stock shifters threads?

My idea is to cut the short throw and run a die over it, so I can still use the stock shift stick, but have the B&M short throw.

·
Sold
4,592 Posts
erronisme said:
Is the shaft on the B&M the same size in diameter as the stock shifters threads?

My idea is to cut the short throw and run a die over it, so I can still use the stock shift stick, but have the B&M short throw.
no won't work the b&m shifter is all 1 pc. the shift handle doesn't screw on to the base like the stock one does.

·
Road Race/Auto X S10
3,828 Posts
I know this thread is REALLY old. But I was wondering if it will hit the dash on mine. Because where the sifter comes up is way under the dash! Any ideas or any1 have this happen to them?

·
Static> Bags
2,596 Posts
I cant find one for my 94 5 speed. Also I have heard that some peolpe have propblems hitting the dash.

·
Registered Abuser
2,375 Posts
joe said:
no won't work the b&m shifter is all 1 pc. the shift handle doesn't screw on to the base like the stock one does.
It wont be one piece if I cut it to the same length as the stock one.

What I need to know is if its hollow, and if its roughly the same size in diameter as the stock shifters male threaded end.

Ive got die's to run over the short throw stick to make threads so that it will go inside the stock shifter handle... But I dont want to get it, and it be hollow or way too small to even work with.

:welder: I guess the worst thing that could happen is welding a bolt on the end of the shaft, once its cut, then use that to thread the stock shifter handle on to the short throw's stick. I'm sure the boot would hide every thing.

·
Registered Abuser
2,375 Posts
i just dont like the look of the small crome rod, Just personal preferance. If the rod was thicker and came in a different color besides chrome I wouldnt worry about it

·
Semper Fidelis
90 Posts
This thread is hella old, but the B&M does come with a shift knob right? In the Summit overview it says "shift knob not included."

Where can I get a knob like yours?

·
Registered
8,614 Posts
Don't know if it will work for a 94. I have one on my 98 and love it. I don't know why everyone is asking about knobs. I got mine straight from B&M and came with a knob. The knob it comes with is sick looking. All my honda friends keep trying to take mine, they all have type r ones but like the B&M knob better.

·
stock is the new fixed up
530 Posts
i know this thread is old, rather post here than make a new one. but does summit include the shift knob???

Under the Technical Tab it says:

"Specifications:
* Includes shift knob.
* Reduces shifter throw by 36%."

But under the Installation Tab it says:

"Shift knob is not included."

very deceiving to me, cause i want to get this from summit for $20 cheaper than truckperformance.com.

·
Truk Por
214 Posts
Bad94 said:
I cant find one for my 94 5 speed. Also I have heard that some peolpe have propblems hitting the dash.
i have a 94 s-10 4.3 5 speed i just took shifter outa truck found shifter know i liked(hurst Thandle)took 12-20 bolt at desired length cut shaft of shifter to straight point and welded bolt to shifter shorting the shifter works as well as a short throw shifter

·
Gaaoooooo
13,572 Posts
The B&M has shorter throws compared to the Hurst, I have the B&M and my brother has the Hurst. Also, I think Hurst makes the shifter for 94-95 but it is different from the newer style one and kinda looks funky. Either one of these shifters shouldn't hit the dash on a 96+ 5spd.

21 - 40 of 50 Posts