S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are few pics of my B&M short throw shifter. Sorry I was going to do a full photo shoot of the install but I was too excited about getting it installed and trying it out that I didn't even bother. My camera really picked up all the small scuffs and scratches on the billet knob so it looks like I'll have to get out the metal polish.

Sorry this first pic is a little out of focus.

Attachments

·
A Constant Work in Progress
1,088 Posts
i wish i had a five speed......looks like ya need to shake out those floor mats tho:D

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Damn floor mats need to be hosed off but it's too damn cold. I'd have to run a hose out my kitchen window or something...LOL.

·
01 Bagged Truck 4 Sale
265 Posts

Is the short throw shifter worth it.
because i been having problems with my transmission since i brought the truck 6 months ago its been in the GM shop for 3 months or more
and they wont replace my shifter that i broke when driving the bastered. so they want me to buy a new shifter but it cost 289 bucks cause i need to replace the whole rod that goes into the transission.

So i am wondering if it would be stronger then the stock on

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The B&M is way stronger than the stock shifter. The base on the stock shifter is plastic of all things. The base on the B&M is billet aluminum. It would be pretty hard to break the B&M.

·
Oops...Dropped it
204 Posts
Hey there!

Another B.C. boy eh? Cool. I'm in the lower mainland (Surrey to be exact) And I'm curious....How much did you pay for the shifter? Where did you buy it? Have you run your truck at the track? And did you notice an improvement? How much? (if you know) Thanks man. Also, feel free to come by our message board at http://forums.delphiforums.com/PNWSTC/start and my site at http://bluezq8.iwarp.com
Later.

·
low life
816 Posts
I know this thread is a little old but I was wondering if anyone has a part number on that shifter I would like to order on for my truck. And does it come with that billet piece where the boot goes onto?
-Jim

·
Registered
372 Posts
whats the size of the threads on the shifter? ive seen some pretty cool "type R" knobs when i worked at wilde honda here, would they be able to fit on the shifter?

·
bitch
7,884 Posts
just curious but how much does that b & m cost?

1 - 20 of 50 Posts