S-10 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just some shots of what i did lat week, just finally got around to posting some pics. i glassed where the tape player used to be, and i sanded down all the texture out of the door panels, what a nightmare. but well worth it when i see the final product

one ? i have is, do u think i will have a problem cutting the holes for the gauges? i plan on putting them where the tape player was.

Attachments

·
I like MINE with NO shine
6,577 Posts
You best take your sweet ass time puttin those door panels in - Looks as if it would be fragile as hell painted. You put some flex agent in with the paint I hope?

Center COnsole looks pimp as shit. What color carpeting you got in your truk? And You should have cut teh gauge holes before painting it. Paint MIGHT chip - use a hole saw smaller then the hold you need and file off the last 1/8 to avoid major chippage...

·
I have a Civic now
3,786 Posts
orangesonoma said:
the door panels look good...i would carry the the silver paint onto the door panels too...just like on the outside...
:stupid:

i wouldve cut the holes for the gauges before i painted the console though, just take your time cuttin them out.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
the door panels look good...i would carry the the silver paint onto the door panels too...just like on the outside...
yeah i was thinking about that, but i actually vinyled the piece that goes around the door handle and stuff, so once its on it will break up all the orange on the panel. i threw it together real quick cuz i was thinking the same, but after seeing it it looks alright

·
US Marine, Semper Fi
1,596 Posts
Looks awsome and I agree with Blueblaster01 if you gt any chips I think it will be hidden with the edge molding from the gauges. So I dont think you will have to worry to much about the holes biggest deal will be getting them on the door without having them crack (unless you used flex agent).

Looks sweet I want to do yhe same just dont have the time.

How long did it take for all that if you had to guess????????

Ozzy

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
for me to sand the door panels all down i would guess it took me about 3 days or so, but a long 3 days i might add. if u have a DA and a air compressor i would get some 80 grit takes the grain right out and then go over it with some 220 after that and then hit it with some high build primer, sand, then wet sand and paint

·
V8 Member
734 Posts
looks bitchin man...

for drilling holes... lay out your template for the guages and then mark em all off w/ like a marker, tape it all off around the outline of the holes and then cut it. that way when you go to drill the holes the paint wont chip as easy.

aaron

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.