S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
tu-tu guru
8,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yessir, driving 3 and a half hours to go pick it up since the tv i have now took a dump, i cant complain though...its a 6 year old rear-projection sony

the tv im picking up is a 47" Planar...its a high end lcd tv and if you're wondering why im driving so far its because it would have cost me another 300 bucks to have it drop shipped to my house, plus i get a day off :D

i'll post some pics when i can...but in the mean time, heres a link
http://www.planarhometheater.com/pd470/

·
Registered
547 Posts
That TV was high end ~1.5years ago.

-It only has 2 HDMI (vs at least 4 on current average sets)
-low CR (looking at the ANSI rating not the Dynamic Contrast bs)
-high response time 6.5ms (which they list as gray to gray which is the most ambiguous measurement, modern sets are seeing black to white response times in the 5ms range)

The only thing it has going for it is the Faroudja DCDi. Hopefully you have looked at other HDTVs and looked at this one in person. I don't know how much you are paying for this set, but I would bet you can find something that preforms just as well, if not better, for less.

·
tu-tu guru
8,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That TV was high end ~1.5years ago.

-It only has 2 HDMI (vs at least 4 on current average sets)
-low CR (looking at the ANSI rating not the Dynamic Contrast bs)
-high response time 6.5ms (which they list as gray to gray which is the most ambiguous measurement, modern sets are seeing black to white response times in the 5ms range)

The only thing it has going for it is the Faroudja DCDi. Hopefully you have looked at other HDTVs and looked at this one in person. I don't know how much you are paying for this set, but I would bet you can find something that preforms just as well, if not better, for less.
i dont need more than 2 hdmi ports anyway
its lcd so contrast is gonna be a pita anyway

i looked at nuvision's new tvs...real nice but a little too pricy for me...i got it on sale through one of my companies distributors for 1600, the nuvisions were 1900

·
Registered
547 Posts
For that price the TV is a steal. I think this is one of those cases where specs don't do the product justice. Post pictures if possible, should be a nice set.

·
tu-tu guru
8,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
For that price the TV is a steal. I think this is one of those cases where specs don't do the product justice. Post pictures if possible, should be a nice set.
ill post pics if i can...ill have to borrow my girls camera...im about to head out to go get it

·
Token TSX Owner
8,716 Posts
Im gonna pick up either a Magnavox or a Insignia here in the next few weeks. Spend about 600 bucks for a 32'' LCD TV. I see no point going for top of the line in my shoes, it'll do and look just fine.

TV looks good though, post pics when installed.

·
resU deretsigeR
1,725 Posts
but its a vizio
I have a vizio. 42 inch LCD. Love it.

Whats so bad about them? Iv never had a problem with mine...

I spent about $950 for it.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts