S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 157 Posts

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's what I got today not to bad of shape, has absolutely no rust but has been wrecked.

Only need a hood, fender, grill and bumper, might be able to straighten the core support not sure yet though.

Has 165000 miles, bucket seats no power windows or locks.

here's a few pics

·
Registered
25 Posts
that looks like my 98 did when i picked it up and i picked up all the parts except the bumper for 90 bucks on craigslist so check there and how much did you pay for it if you mind me askin?

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
$750 for some stupid reason they issued it a salvage title though. The frame isn't even damaged.

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, I can't make up my mind if I want to keep it original or put composite lights on it. I would like to put a 98+ bumper on it.

I did go to salvage yard today and found the black basic grill headlights, radiator and condensor coil. A few other things as well, didn't get them though, I think they were asking to much.

I'll probably shop around a little and keep checking craigslist.

·
Big Blue Nation
1,474 Posts
Yeah, I can't make up my mind if I want to keep it original or put composite lights on it. I would like to put a 98+ bumper on it.

I did go to salvage yard today and found the black basic grill headlights, radiator and condensor coil. A few other things as well, didn't get them though, I think they were asking to much.

I'll probably shop around a little and keep checking craigslist.
i say composite grille and 98+ bumper...of course im kinda biased but i think it looks great

·
Registered
25 Posts
$750 for some stupid reason they issued it a salvage title though. The frame isn't even damaged.
not a bad deal at all i picked my 98 up for a grand and i thought that was cheap so it seems about rite!

·
Registered
2,129 Posts

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Got everything off trying to find a hood and fender in black. Actually did find both at a salvage yard but first I could have swore he said $100 for the hood and $50 for the fender.

Went back today to get them and the guy that gave me the price wasn't there. This guy said there's noway he could sell them for that price.

He said they usually get $200 for a fender and about the same for a hood.

These guys are nuts.

I'll be going to pick-a-part soon.

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So far I've replaced the nut kit, put the old injector off of my 95 with a new fuel pressure regulator.

It smelled worst of gas than my 95 when I had it running. Took the spark plugs out cleaned and regapped them (they were all different) it has looked like fairly new bosch platnuims in it.

Got the air conditioning box replaced it was broke on the blower side.

I got a few pics but I was having problems with photobucket, I'll get them up later.

Bought a new core support off of ebay, boy is it cheap, I may still find one at a pull a part.

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
I found out when I took off the fender the drain on the right side of the cab was full of leaves and debri and was starting to rust from the inside out.

So I cleaned all that crap out and sprayed it with rust inhibator and then some black paint on top of that.

That should take care of it, here is a pic of the drain I'm talking about.

Anyone know if there's a drain on the other side?

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Here's a pic with new core support

And side after fixing ac box and straightening fender well.

1 - 20 of 157 Posts