S-10 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Needing a pic of firs gen baged with out tubiing. Wanting to see how low it will be. I will be running a low profile 15. I know im not goin to lay frame but I dont want to. I just want to get as low as a 5/7 if possible. I would just do staic but roads around here is pure shit and I haul shit in my truck so no big wheel tubs for me.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Right now I'm on a 2/3 and I have tore the bumper off, bottomed out so many times its not funny, Like I said I want to be as low as a 5/7 in the end so I think I should be able to get that low with out cuttin the shit outa my truck. I dont mind cutting and welding I just HATE the look of the big ass tubs in the bed and I haul my rubicon all the time so I can not have the tubs. I know I will have to cut a hole in the bed floor for the hogs head to come up when 'layed out' and I will runs a mini notch.

·
Registered
376 Posts
I call it a hog head too. But if you're runnin 15s and low pros u will lay with just bags in the front and for the rear you won't have to tub it and might get away with not having to cut any of the floor don't cut the floor til after you're done and see if it fits back on it should. Do a behind and under the axle setup with a mini notch and you should be ok.

·
DOOR'D FOR HER PLEASURE!
5,688 Posts
i had a 5"/6" drop at first and had 15's with 50 series and i had the pumkin (hogs head) just tappin the floor of the bed so i cut a 7" circle of so but left the beds tubs intact. with a 7" drop, you will definately have some hittin under the bed floor, also had to install a mini notch cause of the axle hittin the frame....... and that was with no hauling of stuff.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the help. Does any one have a pic of a first gen done this way? And yes I will be running 15's.This is goin to be my "daily/project" Goin to get a 2wd gen stepside to lay out with.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey if I can get as low as the black ex cab, Id be one happy person. Looks like I'll be saveing up and baggin my 93 soon. Thanks.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.