S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up all? I was wondering if everyone can help me out with some pics of their flush mount tonneau covers? If you can please tell me what brand etc with the pic. Thanks! :tup:

·
Registered
10,370 Posts
Sprint flush tonneau on my 2000 Xtreme. Too bad they don't make them anymore.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That is a nice cover for sure. I really like how flush it sits. Just hoping to see some more so I can get an idea of what to get.

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
I picked up SprintLid like above for my stepside used. I dont have installed pics yet because I just got around to getting it out of storage and working on the paint. Its white and my truck is blue..lol.
Ill try to get some temp installed pics of it but its just like above.

A decent totally flush lid is hard to find. Checkmate is the only one I know of currently that is as flush as the Sprintlid was.
Gaylords, SnugLid and LoRider by Raider are all very lo-profile lids that hang over the bedrails.
ARE, Leer and most others are the ones that sit on top of the rails like thick. Good for extra inside room but not as smooth as the others mentioned.
You would actually be amazed at how many tonneau companies there are out there. I see alot of name brands and most dont have websites....much less a picture to find to see what it looks like on a S-series. Ive seen Leers look great on C/K trucks but IMO they are ugly on the S10. Plus stepside lids are even harder to come by. That was my delima. I got lucky and found someone with a good stepside SprintLid for sale and was willing to ship.

·
Registered
10,370 Posts
Checkmate is a POS and it has a lip that sits on top of the rail. The Sprint has no lip. It just has weatherstripping around it. It did leak in the corners. They give you some black putty to fill the corners to mate to the weatherstripping. I never used it. I think it ran me about $700 shipped freight from CA.

·
Registered
647 Posts
I have a Gemtop, but it's not installed yet. Take a look at those, they only sits about a quarter inch above the bed rails. It's also a lot better built than the checkmates.

·
Got Art?
8,973 Posts
Checkmate is a POS and it has a lip that sits on top of the rail. The Sprint has no lip. It just has weatherstripping around it. It did leak in the corners. They give you some black putty to fill the corners to mate to the weatherstripping. I never used it. I think it ran me about $700 shipped freight from CA.
my weatherstripping all pealed off and i never got the black putty with mine, but overall i dont think its bad for the price i paid 4 years ago

and apparently i dont have any good pics of it

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
here are some old pics i have when i first put my sprint on. It was a little bowed in the middle but eventually settled. Have a few pictures of the corners everyone was talking about also. Let me know if you want anymore pictures. Could be taken off my hands for the right price.....

you can see it bowed there....

Here is the best picture i have you can see it settled down...

·
Registered
10,370 Posts
The bowing is caused by the gas struts used to hold it up. They're super strong at first and after a few cycles don't push up as much when it's closed.

·
Two tones of terror
708 Posts
It amazes me how they can just stop making a desireable one of a kind product for the most popular mini truck on the planet.wtf sprint?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
looks like everyone is running the checkmate and sprint. One is no longer available which sucks. Hopefully might get some more pics of other brands too. Thanks and keep some pics coming please.

·
Registered
10,370 Posts
Sprint went out of business, they didn't just stop making that model. They stopped making anything.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
About this Discussion
51 Replies
20 Participants
red97stepside
S-10 Forum
S10forum is the community to discuss the S-Series, Chevrolet Colorado and GMC Canyon. Join to discuss rebuilds, modifications, tech articles and more!
Full Forum Listing