S-10 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to see some body lifted 1st gens. Do the bumpers look bad after the lift is on? How much of the frame can you see? I want to do my 92 ex. cab but I have seen some BL on some trucks that looked horrible. So lets see some pics.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I tried that and it come up with about 50,000 different threads where you have to look through 8 pages to see a 2002 with a body lift because the search engine picked up bodylift. I was looking for help but I guess not here. Thanks

·
Slap my meat on your pita
8,100 Posts
dont get your panties in a bunch, search for yamaha405`s posts and youll find pics of his 1st gen.

·
IATVHSS #904
614 Posts
hlpressley said:
I would like to see some body lifted 1st gens. Do the bumpers look bad after the lift is on? How much of the frame can you see? I want to do my 92 ex. cab but I have seen some BL on some trucks that looked horrible. So lets see some pics.
its a blazer, but it may help, at least wihth the bumper

not lifted bumper

bumper lifted about 2-2.5"

as for the frame, i dont really have any pictures of that cuz i got the gap gaurds, not really for hiding the frame though (the gap didnt bother me, its not as bad as what people say), but more for keeping the mud out of getting baked onto the engine and under the body, and boy do they help keep the mud out. I went through so good mud and covered my truck, popped my hood, and it was practically clean.:D

·
IATVHSS #904
614 Posts
hlpressley said:
This is the truck I am thinking about lifting. Tell me what you think! Don't mind the smoke it was cold that morning!

wanna trade?

no, but really, i like it. i think it would look good a boddy lift, then some nice 31" all terrain on black rock crawlers:cool: ....oh yeah

·
Registered Asshole
4,125 Posts
heres mine. i finally got pics of it after the lift and tires.... decide for yourself how it looks with a 2" body lift....

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
That thing looks pretty good! How was the install? What kind of mods did you have to make? How did you move the bumpers up? What size tires are you running now? Sorry for all the questions I really appreciate your help. I really feel like a dumb ass but I have always messed with Toyota so eventhough I have had this truck for about three years I just started messing with it.

·
Registered Asshole
4,125 Posts
hlpressley said:
That thing looks pretty good! How was the install? What kind of mods did you have to make? How did you move the bumpers up? What size tires are you running now? Sorry for all the questions I really appreciate your help. I really feel like a dumb ass but I have always messed with Toyota so eventhough I have had this truck for about three years I just started messing with it.
the install of the lift was pretty straight forward and easy. they give you everything you need in the kit. the shifter linkage extension for the automatic was a little tricky. they give you a piece of metal to extend the shifter rod but you have to weld it on. i just made my own bold on extention instead of welding the shifter rod.

i didnt touch my bumpers. the 2" body lift puts the very bottom of the grill flush with the bumper which is why i went with a 2" body lift instead of 3". this way i didnt have to move the bumpers to make it look good again. the rear bumper has a little bit of a gap but its not an eye sore. im just going to fill the gap with diamond plate.

the tires that i have on now are 31x10.5r15. they rub quite a bit and i'm going to have to trim my fenders but thats mainly cuz im running wheels with a 4" backspacing. if you run 31's with the stock wheels on my lift it should barely rub when you flex real hard. the stock wheels have a 6" backspacing so if you decide to go with aftermarket wheels and dont feel like trimming the fenders to fit 31s then go with a wheel that has 6" backspacing.

any other questions feel free to ask.

·
Registered
50 Posts
heres a pic for ya, my 91 s10 4x4 5" lfit 32x11.5x15BFG A/Ts

before i tore it apart to do my SAS

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hey, 91S104x4 Thanks for the compliment. I try to take care of everything I own. Looks like you are the same way looking at your 91. Nice Truck! You really don't see too many like ours that is still in good shape and that is why I have decided to leave it stock height! I am just going to put some 30x9.5x15 BFG AT on it.

·
BUILT NOT BOUGHT
500 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
yup, just wiatin on rims, and the parts for FULL hydro steering

1 - 20 of 45 Posts